Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

SCCA classes for A4????

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2000, 01:38 PM
doyon

Default SCCA classes for A4????

which stock class, street prepared, and prepared?
Thanks,
Chad
Old 01-29-2000, 04:53 PM
Steve S.

Stock - GStock, Street Prepared - CStreet Prepared, Prepared - no one has gone there yet....
Old 01-29-2000, 05:05 PM
doyon

Damn...that means I'll be competing in the same class as the gti I'm selling!! No trophies this yr.
Old 01-30-2000, 03:28 PM
Dean

Default Anyone with a chiped 1.8T according to the '99 rules should be in E-Prepared(more)

Or at least that was what I read as the official response from the SCCA.

The problem as I understand from reading the rules is that since the chip modifies the wastegate's function from stock, this eliminates us from any street prepared class.

E Prepared also limits you to 16x7" wheels.

Hope they fix it for '00, but I bet they didn't.
Old 01-30-2000, 04:56 PM
Arthur Emerson

Default No new turbos in Prepared

I'm assuming that you're asking about SCCA Solo-II classing. Unless something has changed lately, the introduction of Appendix A in the rulebook says that no new turbo or supercharged cars not listed in 1991 will be eligible to run in Prepared. Enjoy the mod class.....
Old 01-30-2000, 05:24 PM
///MGuy

Default A4 and TT have no chance it G Stock...

The Integra Type R will continue to win, and the new Celica GT-S looks promising too.
Old 01-30-2000, 06:02 PM
Steve S.

The Type R will continue to dominate on a national level
Old 01-30-2000, 06:59 PM
Arthur Emerson

Must be the driver. :-) My old GTI VR6 won plenty of trophies!
Old 01-30-2000, 07:14 PM
Arthur Emerson

Default Not if I have anything to say about it, troll!

I've got $35,000 worth of TT on it's way to me, and intend to prove you wrong on both counts. The "torqueless wonder" (Type-R) is living proof that horsepower numbers sell cars, but torque wins races. Stay tuned for the proof, assuming that Audi will release my new car from port soon.

Oh, before I forget, go away BMW troll!
Old 01-31-2000, 04:08 PM
Dean

Default Found "official" answer from last year on chipped 1.8Ts. E-Prepared(More)

I don't have a rule book in front of me, so I'm not sure what Arthur is refering to, but the link below is what someone got back from a request to SCCA last year from a "Howard Duncan
Rally/Solo Project Manager"

Again, you have to meet all the other E=Prepared rules, such as wheel size.

I'm just out there to have fun anyway. I enjoy crushing poor little innocent orange cones.<ul><li><a href="https://www.audiworld.com/forum/m/racing/3324.phtml">https://www.audiworld.com/forum/m/racing/3324.phtml</a></li></ul>

Quick Reply: SCCA classes for A4????