First time for everything.....i hate weston cops!!!!! (kinda long)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time for everything.....i hate weston cops!!!!! (kinda long)

I got pulled over this morning, first time a very long time about 4 years. the weston cop pulled me over because when he drove by me he saw that i had no front plate, just my euro plate. So he instanly turned around and came after me...i was pulling into my parking lot for work and he gets right up my A%^ and he turns on his lights...He starts off by asking me what percent my tint is and all you guys that know my car i dont tint that is that dark, you can clearly see right through it...so i he measured it and he was wrong, then he said that my exhaust was way to loud and he told me to take it off and then he got to my front plate and man did he let me have it. for 20 minutes he was talking to me about it...and then he asked me what it said and i told him it said holy****...then he got really pissed so he ended up giving me a ticket for my front plate and my exhaust being to loud....$150 ticket...so ovbiously im going to appeal it because he has no proof that my exhuast is to loud it is legal...but ya i hate weston cops
Old 03-19-2007, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Expert

That's a really long sentence.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Well, you can't blame the cop for taking exception for the front plate...

if you are red white & blue MA plates, you must have the front plate. To run only the rear plate is technically illegal.

The other parts of the ticket (exhaust) might be worth the fight, as it was based on the officer's subjective opinion. After all, he was wrong about the tint, so that gives little support to his qualifications to know exactly how "loud" the exhaust was.

If you know someone who has sound measuring equipment, maybe it would be worth it to find out exactly how loud the exhaust really is. Yeah, I've turned a few heads with my exhaust, but since I stayed well within the tint limits, run a front plate, unless I am speeding I doubt that anyone wouldbother to pull me over. My stuff is OEM anyway ))

Of course...the tinted tails I run in the summer...
Old 03-19-2007, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ah the euro plate....

I bet that makes pigs do doubletakes more than my audi ring plate does... when I weasel my way into ticket warnings, they never even look at my missing front plate or my dubious rejection inspection stickers...lol I thought they had all the info on their portable laptops nowadays.

Euro plates are nice, but its the fastest way to flaunt arrogance in front of a bored small town cop. Tint and exhaust is bad enough, the plate would put me over the top if I tried a bright white euro plate. The key is to stay low on the visual radar, don't tell me your car is bright red as well? Sucks that he made a scene at your work, I would go ape**** if some Zoolander cop wanted to play pattycakes with me in front of my colleagues or investors. Stupid cop has to remember that embarrassing corporate types who pay big taxes does have repercussions for the town when they choose to move away....
Old 03-19-2007, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts
Default Guess its the front plate that did you in...

My folks live in Sudbury so I frequent Rt 20 to get there. My tint and exhaust haven't been an issue so far and I've passed many officers sitting in parking lots.

The exhaust you can fight and probably will get that one off but the front plate might be harder, if your plates are red, they must be displayed in the front (but I'm sure you know already )
Old 03-19-2007, 08:23 PM
16v

Default Re: ah the euro plate....

meh! My GTI is IY, has a Europlate, tint and a "Wanna Race" SCCA sticker on the back. Last time I was pulled over? In our grey B7 Avant. Funny how that works eh?
Old 03-19-2007, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sorry to hear, but it happens all the time around these parts.

I moved to this area about 2 years ago at this point. I got pulled over twice, both times I could have easily gotten a ticket. No front plate on my older winter beater 1990 Plymouth Acclaim and then again in the Cab for an Expired Inspection sticker/cracked windshield. Both times they ran my info, saw I lived in the area, and then wrote me out a Warning. I see it happen all the time around here, I dunno where your car is registered, but I guarantee it would have been a different story had your Reg/License had a local address (ie Weston, Wayland, Sudbury).

I've got legal tint, but my exhaust is pretty loud. They still haven't harrassed me about it yet.

One of the guys was a State Trooper as well.

My advice, put the front plate on. It only takes one guy with a hard-on to make your day just a little worse. Plus its now considered a moving violation and hence points on your license.