I am sorry, but someone else must do Boston Area GTG planning from now on...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I am sorry, but someone else must do Boston Area GTG planning from now on...

...after 3+ years of doing this, I no longer have the time and energy to plan the gatherings. I will gladly attend meets, but I am no longer going to be the one organizing them.

I know in the past there were folks that complained that weekdays were no good, but they were good for me, which is why I was glad to plan those. So, here is a chance for someone to step forward to do the planning, and to choose dates that are good for him/her. Any volunteers???

For some assistance, you can contact Mo (REPIMPEDA8PIMP) for information about the Atrium Mall valet space for an indoor meet in the near future (for about 20-30 cars). Additionally, the manager at the Unos in Waltham was very helpful in the past, and Phil from Detailer's Domain was always willing to share some good products for raffle prizes.

Thanks for all the help and participation in the past, and see you on the roads!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldnt mind but dont know many places in the Boston area as I am from C. MA
Old 02-04-2008, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thank you for everything you have done in the past, your efforts were appreciated
Old 02-04-2008, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I can help finding places for future GTGs and work with you setting them all up. Ben, right?

I live in the city and don't mind contacting people about using parking spaces/garages for all of us.

It would be fun to have some GTGs, although smaller, up north for skiing in NH or VT.

Whatever happened to that detailing GTG, or the one wickedated brought up about going to a raceway. Those would actually be useful and exciting, I'm sure we would have a good showing.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The detailing GTG will be put together by the NAAC...

...which will likely be in early May. I'm sure they'll post up info here.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I hear you Henry - it grows old quick doing all the planning, makes it hard to have fun at them.

6 years of //SFest have worn me and the rest of the gang pretty thin, I'm esp. burnt.

We keep talking about bagging it as passing the torch worries us about it being done "right". Then everyone always talks about "next year" and what not.

How about some volunteers??? Heh heh...

Well, hope to see you again @ the EH, CT gtg here that Mr. GBW kindly orchestrates, I managed that one the past 2 years and was blown away at both the volume of attendees and the coolness (non-rice / cheeseball - for th most part) of everyone.

Thanks for all the organizing. Time for you to enjoy yourself! Someone step in and man up to the plate, definitely.

ps. and I hear you - weekend time is for the family, unless its after bedtime 8-)...
Old 02-04-2008, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yup - Good memory. Yeah it would be great to have a team effort here.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Uh - oh, the call of the musket and those pointy wool hats has won Henry over ;-)

Seriously, thanks for being the point person on so much of the local scene for the past few years. I'm sure it was much more work than we imagined.

I'm hoping that with an energized and more local NAAC group they will continue to grow their offerings in terms of GTG's like the planned detailing session, tech sessions, drives and such. I'm not against individuals trying to pick up where you leave off, but the club is in an ideal spot to bring the enthusiast community together.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Oh no BD. If you dont put these G2G's together im sure no one else will. We need you!!
Old 02-04-2008, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn BD, thats a sad post.

Quick Reply: I am sorry, but someone else must do Boston Area GTG planning from now on...