Know anyone local looking for a ~51.5K mi Stg 3 S4 sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 04:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Know anyone local looking for a ~51.5K mi Stg 3 S4 sedan?

I have a potential buyer, but he's from PA. I told him I'd prefer to move the car locally, but if I can't, it's his. Hence, I'm making this posting to see if I have local interest first.

The mod list is in my sig.

I bought the car from North Bay Imports CT on 3/26/06 with 46,772 miles on it.

The Stage 3 upgrade was done by Status less than three months later on 6/06.

All other maintenance was done by Autobahn Peabody.
* secondary water pump @ 48,446 mi on 8/8/06
* viscous fan clutch @ 49,626 mi on 10/25/06
* valve cover gasket & servo seals @ 50,825 mi on 11/9/07
* right front wheel bearing @ 50,826 mi on 11/9/07
* front rotors @ 51,497 mi on 2/12/08

I'm including a bunch of stuff:
* winter wheel (ASA JH3) and tire (Blizzak WS-60) package that I just bought from Tire Rack this past November
* pressure tester
* base carrier bars (roof rack)
* S4 repair manual on CD-ROM (Bentley)
* VAG-COM (HEX-USA+CAN USB)
* Schroth QuickFit Pro (driver) and QuickFit (passenger) harnesses

I'm not planning on putting this in the classifieds, CL, etc. because I don't want to deal with tire kickers and I want a low-hassle transaction. In order to facilitate a quick and low-hassle transaction, I realize that I'm going to have to price the car to sell.

** $15,000 takes it. **

The guy from PA is willing to drive up the weekend of the 23rd to pick it up if no one locally wants it.

Why am I selling? It's just time to move on. I've put just 4700 miles on it since I bought it on 3/26/06. If you look at the service schedule, you'll see that I put just 1,199 miles on it between 10/25/06 and 11/9/07. I just recently started driving it "more" once I got the winter tires (just ~700 miles since November). I originally bought and built it as a "track" car but lost the track bug (I've been to 2 events with it: NHIS on 5/06 and Mont-Tremlant on 8/06). I want to put the proceeds in a pot towards a 997 C4 and bring my X5 back into my garage. It has been a real pain in the *** being dealing with frozen door locks with the X5 outside.

I'm in Middleton, MA.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default looks like a nice car, good luck. If I were you I'd tell the guy from PA that it's his

and have him send you a deposit. If he's willing to buy it and drive up here to pick it up then go for it. The longer you make him wait to see if you can sell it locally then the more time he has to shop around and see if there's anything that he'd rather buy!
Old 02-13-2008, 04:58 AM

Good point
Old 02-13-2008, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default I'm interested

What sort of time frame were you looking at?
Old 02-13-2008, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Quite interested if it isnt already sold - WHy so cheap?
Old 02-13-2008, 05:21 AM

You have first dibs if this PA guy back down. JamieO made a good point so I'm giving the guy a shot
Old 02-13-2008, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Exactly what I'm looking for...except not an Avant!

Hoping something like this comes up in July when I should have the approval from my money manager (wife) for a new toy. Imola would be nice too.

If you don't mind, what was the ballpark figure from Status for the upgrade to stg. 3?

Anyone who reads this with a similar avant (6sp please) looking to sell this summer, drop me a line.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:34 AM

Default I didn't want to deal with the hassle that comes with pricing it closer to "market"

I'm already "losing" well over $25,000 on it. My feeling is what's another couple of grand if I'm going make someone very happy? I knew as soon as I went down the Stage 3 road that it's not an investment. The goodwill that I give to the buyer in terms of cost-savings will be paid back to me in other ways at some point in my lifetime.

Now if a dealer took this and then just auctioned it off... I'd feel completely different. But if it goes to an enthusiast who appreciates the work I had done to it, then I get joy from that too.

I'll let you guys know the outcome. You're second in line after Mirror if we can't come to an agreement.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:51 AM

Default At the time, I spent about $9K on turbo upgrade parts , DBR software, and labor. More details inside

I used RS4 components, so I would bet that the part cost is higher now given the weakness of the USD versus the EUR compared to then. Just a pure guess on my part.

Plus I spent another $11K+ for the ECS front and rear brakes, H-Sport front and rear sway bars, Bilstein coilovers, AWE DTS, AWE boost gauge, AWE downpipes, AWE exhaust, AWE intercoolers, RS4 oil cooler, Samco hoses, GReddy catch can, and APR BiPipe.

I paid $23K for the car bone stock, plus $9K, plus $11K... OMG... now why did you make me do the math!

I know it sounds crazy selling low like this, but at the time I had a high-paying super-stressful job that almost broke up my family from the commitment required to it. Spending money on cars and track days was my only joy at the time, so I spared no expense. I'm in a different, much happier place in my life right now. The S4 is the last reminder of that chapter and I'd like to put it to an end. So there is also some personal symbolism for me in terms of selling this car.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Thanks for the reply. Someone is getting a hell of a deal.

Gives me a ballpark figure to plan on. Although I would not go for the amount of suspension work, given the roads here in VT, and given that I have no intentions of ever going on a track.

Quick Reply: Know anyone local looking for a ~51.5K mi Stg 3 S4 sedan?