New England AutoMax in Marlboro, MA...

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New England AutoMax in Marlboro, MA...

I'm searching high and low for an allroad to purchase. I've located on at the dealer mentioned above. Anyone know of or have any experience with this place? Anyone live in the area and care to take a peek at it? (The dealer doesn't have any pics on their site.)
Old 12-21-2005, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Yes, I found my S4 there.

My review is mixed. They are 'OK' to deal with - a typical wholesaler. Most cars there are just off-lease, and each must be evaluated on it's own - some may have a questionable history.

My S4 was the exact color combination I had been searching for, so I pursued it. As one example of what to expect, the car seemed 100% mechanically, perfect interior (aside from a missing floor mat), not quite a perfect exterior, new high-quality tires. The spare tire was almost entirely worn, and that rim was curbed.

I had a pre-purchase inspection done, and my local Audi dealer printed off the service history when I provided them with the VIN. You mention the first, and I strongly suggest both.

I'd offer to check it out for you, but I'm a good 2 hours away.

Also - they tout their cars as 'Certified', which really doesn't mean anything IMHO. Keep in mind the advertised price does not include a warranty - a decent 3/36 warranty will run another ~2.5k.

Given all of this, I think Audi CPO is the best bet.

Good luck and HTH.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've not purchased a car from them..but I have had my TT serviced at Automax...

as well as some diagnostics for a CEL that would not go away. The chief mech ran some tests and suggested that I may have set my "Schwing" Boost Machine a little too high. I backed it off and...viola...no more CELs...I don't know what this has to do with buying a car there but I was very pleased with the service dept. I might be able to swing by there on Friday what exactly do you want??? Pics?
Old 12-21-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Re: New England AutoMax in Marlboro, MA...

I've heard good and bad things about them....mostly bad. A guy I work with bought an A6 from there and really didn't have a problem. Another kid I work with just bought an A4 there. He still hasn'ttaken delivery because they can't produce a title.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:02 PM

Default I bought my car there

When I was looking for my A4 they had just what I was looking for, I ended up buying it, and my dad bought an X5 there as well. I didnt have any problems, and I'm really satisfied with the car.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Yes, I found my S4 there.

my spare was very worn as well, I pointed this out and they gave me a new one no questions asked
Old 12-22-2005, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default looking at an allroad there....

I've been searching high and low for the endangered species called a Highliand Green allroad with 6MT. In three solid days of search Audi's CPO database, Carmax, car.com, dealer sites, etc. I've been able to locate only 2 or 3 of these (and only 3 or 4 in Atlas Gary, my second choice) in the entire US. One of these car is listed on AutoMax's site, but they have no pics. I've emailed them yesterday asking if they still had it, could they send details, pics, etc.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:45 AM

Default Bought my A4 there, also an OK experience

The guy i bought it off of was kind of a pompous ***** and when i gave in my old car, he never sent my plates to the insurance company and i ended up paying insurance on a car that basically didn't exist for the next 6 months and when i called back to ask him about it, he was again a D I C K...car is still great, love it, but they are not the nicest people to deal with...they do usually have a large selection of audis though
Old 12-22-2005, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I work two blocks away from AutoMax............email me
Old 12-22-2005, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

YGM

Quick Reply: New England AutoMax in Marlboro, MA...