Speeding Ticket Help, MA Pike

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default if you were guilty then why didnt you just admit guilt on the ticket & not waste court time?

i've seen, and read about officers lying in court. it's not about putting a bad person away. most of us walk out of that court commiting the offence again and again on a daily basis. it's about the state spending time & energy to get more money out of your pocket, and your efforts to keep that money to yourself. you saved $150, but ended up paying about a 7.5% surchage for 6 years. with a $1000 premium, that's about $450.

a clean record goes a long way if you make yourself seem sincere. hell, the state even honors 3 years with no offenses by dropping any points down to 14. it makes a difference.

i'm guessing the magistrate just didn't like you that day. personality makes a difference. my last court date i saw person after person walk out of the room with a smile. they got off. this guy was all pissed off and his offense was 37 in 35. he seemed to have an attitude. he didn't get a break. oops.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Agreed that attitude is everything

To get abreak, you have to be a person that the magistrate (and the cop prosecuting) WANT to give a break. The mag always asks the police prosecutor if they object to finding you not responsible. If you're a decent guy about the expeerience and didn't insult the cop who wrote the ticket in your explaination, they usually won't have a reason towant to slam you.

That said---If you were clocked at 100mph in a 45, you're cooked no matter how nice you are. If you have a real defense, you'll be using it in a courtroom.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:25 PM

Default I was guilty of speeding through the FastLane, but my argument was...

that there was no way the officer could have used radar to check my speed based on his location and direction. I also contended that where he COULD have checked my speed was indeed a 35mph zone, exactly the speed I was traveling when clocked. Ergo, I was not caught "speeding".

At the meeting, I was all buddy buddy with a big smiles and lots of respect. I did not continue to state my case after the ruling nor did I interrupt/refute the officer's testimony. Following the ruling, I simply took the offer ($200 down to $50) and felt lucky to get it.