UPDATE: Is it safe to park in Worcester, MA?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE: Is it safe to park in Worcester, MA?

I had asked last week if it was safe to park in the downtown. I was ready to drive up with 2 friends, but on friday my boy crashed his cherokee, and rented a liberty. He offered to drive up, just to get his money's worth out of the rental. We get there and loop up to the hill overlooking the palladium, where there is free parallel parking. the passenger really had to PP and being a bitch, couldnt wait 5 minutes to get inside. He gets out and pisses in an empty lot, not a person in sight. All of a sudden, some ghetto *** lady and her 10 ghetto *** kids walk out, spot my friend , and she flips out. " what the F... do you think youre doing!?!" and all that. She calls "brian" to come out and see whats up. Brian, the scariest black dude i've ever seen, walks up. teardrop tatoo on face, wifebeater, thug as hell. As my pissing friend gets back in the car, apologetic, this dude chucks a rock point blank at the side of the car as we get the hell out of there. the rock put a nice welt on the drivers door, about 1" deep and the size of a golf ball. we all **** our pants after the incident, and realize he was aiming for the drivers face.

So, i am glad i didnt drive!!! my car would be damaged if i did. The moral of the story is that it may or may not be safe to park an audi in worcester, but do not, under any circumstances, **** outside. Or you might just meet Brian .
Old 04-23-2005, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default If you don't **** where other people live, they won't throw rocks at you

If you want to talk about ghetto ***, we can start with the kind of person who pisses in public.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:17 PM
GBW
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'd have been pissed at you also....what was your friend thinking?

You didn't pass a single place along the way to ****? Would your friend have pissed in his home neighborhood? And does it matter that it's a ghetto....it's still home to somebody, and probably due to good luck and genes, its not your home. You got the respect you deserved.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gosh - what an insult to the neighborhood!

Part of my task as a science educator is to work in some of the poorest neighborhoods in Boston. So far, my pristine Audi 2.7T and the TT before that have been unharmed. Most of the folks know who I am and I treat their neighborhoods with respect - not everyone has the privilege that most on this board take for granted...

This is probably a powerful learning moment. I hope that your friends see this as a way to understand how social groups clash and not as a reason to plant more seeds of hatred.

Best of luck
eric
Old 04-23-2005, 04:19 PM
swz

well said...
Old 04-24-2005, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Be lucky she threw the rock, A kid 2 streets over from me got busted for peeing in a ...

...local parking lot. Now he's a registered sex offender. I'd take the thrown rock any day of the week. Anyway as for parking, A few years back one of my friends buddies built a custom Civic with this over the top body kit. It was nice if you're into that thing with the remote controlled doors and trunk, bad *** stereo system, something like 18" dubs, you know the whole nine. It got keyed and the front valance got kicked in at the parking lot adjacent to the palladuim. I think it was more of a Wrong-guy's-car incident than radum acts of vadalism. I never had a problem parking in Wormtown, but then again, if I go anywhere in W-town I usally take my Pathfinder.

Story goes some kid thought the Civic was owned by another kid who was bangin' his girlfriend. Only info this vandal had was a "tricked out bad *** civic". So first one the vandal sees he destroys. Comne to find out it's the wrong car. I think the Civic owner came out okay seeing the car was appraised of all it's mods and he worked at a auto body shop. He made coin on the deal.