New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

2012 Audi TT (ENGINE Blown at 16k miles): HELP !

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Audi TT (ENGINE Blown at 16k miles): HELP !

Hello Guys, my 2012 Audi TT Base had a major engine issue and the car couldn't go more than 30mph, turns out after the dealer checked it, it has a misfiring on one of the cylinders, did compression test, found 80% leak on one cylinder and THEN THEY DECIDED TO REPLACE LONG BLOCK. MOTOR was SOP.

CAR currently has 16000 MILES ON IT and was SERVICED properly at regular intervals at AUDI Dealership always (recent 25k service done as well)

AFTER the servicing was done in a span of 5 days (dealer said: they got engine from germany quickly as a shipment was on its way to US as initially he said it will take 2 weeks for car to be fixed).

DEALER NOTES SAYS: Disconnected battery/drained engine oil, removed frame, engine assembly, bolts, turbo, lines, engine harness etc...

TRANSFERRED ALL PARTS TO NEW LONG BLOCK. INSTALLED NEW LONG BLOCK. REASSEMBLED VEHICLE. Did fill up oil and coolant again..and test drove the car and repair done

QUESTION:

1. WHAT does this exactly mean? Did I get a re-manufactured engine (meaning old 2012 existing engine fitted into mine now). The reason i suspect this is because in a span of 5 days dealer fixed my car and an engine cannot come from Germany to US in 5 days

Or

2. Did I get a brand new engine? Dealer did mention the engine frame is old but everything inside is NEW, new parts etc. ...so please help me understand..

Thank You
Old 10-22-2015, 10:20 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

Majority of the time it is a re-manufactured engine. If you look at the timing chain on the passenger side, you will see a white tag, and if the tag starts with CAEB then it is a brand new engine. If it has any other starting letters then it is re-manufactured, but if you would like, find the tag on the timing chain and send it to me and I can make sure for you if you would like.