Pacific Northwest Discussion

Anyone going to the car show this Sunday @ UW!?!? Sponsored by Mirrorworks FTW!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Stätus Josh

Default Anyone going to the car show this Sunday @ UW!?!? Sponsored by Mirrorworks FTW!!

On April 6, 2008 Mirrorworks Detail, along with the Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity will be introducing the 1st Annual SPE Karts Car Show benefiting YouthAids. YouthAids is an organization dedicated to educating and raising awareness about one of the largest epidemics in the history of the human race. YouthAids gears its efforts towards the younger generation as AIDS currently effects over 600 million youth. By 2020, AIDS will have claimed the lives of over 100 million people, a staggering figure that we simply cannot ignore.

SPE KARTS is a week-long event filled with education sessions, team competitions, a concert, a car show, and even a celebrity speaker. The week will culminate in a soap box derby race right in the middle of the University of Washington campus. The participating sororities will also be having their own "car show" of sorts - displaying their newly decorated soap box derby "Karts", with a people's choice award for best decorated Kart.

The car show will take place in the picturesque Red Square at the University of Washington. With Mt. Rainier and Suzzallo Library as backdrops, the car show will be a scenic one many will never forget. The show will run from 1 pm to 4 pm Sunday afternoon with exhibitors able to arrive starting at 12 pm. There will be music, food, giveaways, and awards at the show.

The car show is free to enter for both cars and viewers thanks to a generous donation from Mirrorworks Detail, although donations are highly encouraged. However, even just showing up with your supports helps raise the awareness of this catastrophic disease that continues to devastate not only lives but families and even nations.

The afternoon will be one filled with fun and fare, perfect for the whole family, right in the heart of the University of Washington campus. Thank you for your consideration and I hope to see you there!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's some more information on the venue (Red Square) -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Squ..._of_Washington)

Access is great, the setting is amazing, and it should make for a great show!

This really isn't a judged show...(budget doesn't allow for it)...so there might only be one or two awards handed out (cleanest car, people's choice, etc). This is more about getting together for a great cause and letting the public see our machines. Would love to see you all out there.

(More info at <a href="http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123978">http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123978</a>)

If my wife hasn't had our baby by then I'll be there for sure...
Old 04-04-2008, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "The participating sororities will also be having their own "car show" of sorts" - Uh yeah I'll be

going... besides, you know, needing to be there.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:24 AM

Default We never did anything like this when I was a SigEp...

too busy getting drunk I guess.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:54 PM

Default I had no idea this was happening, and I live right across from Sig Eps

I'll try to head down there, won't be showing my car though Some jerk threw a hip into the side of it, and now there is a nice 6"wide dent behind the rear passenger door I can't get to and hammer out. I hate jerks who don't care about other people's property...