Pacific Northwest Discussion

Just got back from the 2007 Arnold Classic...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got back from the 2007 Arnold Classic...

Got to tell you all, Ohio sucks. The show was fantastic, absolutely amazing, great time. Driving, on the other hand, blew Audi tailpipe. I have never been there before, and unless my buddy goes back to compete again in the bodybuilding (he placed 5th), I'll never go again. The roads sucked, the city isn't laid out well, and everything is flat and straight. Just about bored me to death driving around in the traffic (where people couldn't drive either). Horrible horrible layout. Worst place to own a car. You'd all go nuts there. Quattro came in handy in all the snow though, but since they dump chemicals on the road, they were cleared quick (glad it wasn't my car I was driving in that crap).
Old 03-04-2007, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Ohio FTL, right Jake? =P
Old 03-04-2007, 06:59 PM

Default My roommate knows the same guy...

He works for GE and was at one of his stores and this guy was talking about how his son is a pro body builder. My roommie is a pretty big guy, they got to talking, ect.

Small world, 5th is quite impressive though!

Sucks about the rest of the trip though!
Old 03-04-2007, 08:12 PM

Default Don't I wish...

It was cold, snowy, cold, snowy, cold, snowy...you get the idea
Old 03-04-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Small world huh?

I've known Phil for a while now. We went to college together, road tripped back a few times, and had a ball when we were bouncing together. Very entertaining times. I was bummed by his placement, and I wasn't alone. Big time booooos coming out of that auditorium when it was announced. No bueno. He'll kick *** at the next show I'm sure.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:40 AM
Elder Member

Default Us ohio-an don't appreciate you judging ohio based upon 1 nameless city and some highways

ok, this Ohio-an doesn't appreciate it. and "those chemicals" on the road is called salt. Its the same thing you eat with your fries.

but i will agree that the stretch of highway from cleveland to louisville, ky, is the 2nd most boring drive in the country. The most boring, being 80 thru nebraska.

In conclusion, STFU.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:19 AM

Default STFU?

Since when is free-speech not allowed? Am I not allowed to voice my opinion on a city (which I wouldn't call Columbus "nameless") that is so poorly setup all the locals I met shared my sentiments regarding the traffic and roads?

Sorry for the confusion between the salt and the chemicals, I only know what I was told by the native people who were there.

And it wasn't that the driving was boring, the roadways are so poorly laidout, commute-times over short distances are a nightmare. Again, all these sentiments were shared by people actually living there, who probably know there is no hyphen in Ohioan either.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

STFU when said by muvment means Sweet talk for you
Old 03-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Elder Member

Default if you are protected by free speech, so is my STFU

as far as columbus as the 'nameless' city, i specifically called it that because you never named it in your post. And having lived in columbus for 2 year, i can state that the locals (us) called it K-lumbus, because all the roads in the city must have been designed by somebody on K (Ketamine).
i also called it a city of alleys.

also, any good local knows how to get thru tha city very quickly. If they don't, they're either a retard or they're not a real local. its all about staying in the alleys.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Sorry for not naming it...

Arnold is a big enough event, like the Olympia, that everyone who knows of the event knows where it is. People who don't know bodybuilding still know Olympia is in Vegas, and Arnold is in Columbus (which is a cruel joke considering the time of year). But my bad for not saying it right off the bat, I just assumed everybody knew.

Quick Reply: Just got back from the 2007 Arnold Classic...