Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Audi S4 Muffler Delete Kit using AWE Touring to Track?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2022, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi S4 Muffler Delete Kit using AWE Touring to Track?

Hello.
So We put JHM Non-Res Downpipes on the b8.5 S4.
Left the stock Resonator in the center.
Then muffler deleted.
We did that in order to 'hear' what the sound was like since we were considering AWE track or touring and figured muffler delete was closer to track and we could decide from there.
The sound is great. Not too loud, nice low frequencies, just need to hit the interstate and verify no major drone at cruising speed.
If we decide to go this route, instead of spending $2000 to put on an AWE Touring exhaust, we'd like to run it for a while like this.
This would allow us to make sure we want the vehicle to sound like this & give us more time to save $ if we decide to go with the full Touring AWE kit.

However, I want the tips/finished pipes on the S4, so I was thinking of purchasing the Touring-to-track AWE kit (so that I have the tips/exhaust hangar/properly bended pipe) that i could just weld or reducer/clamp that to the OEM 2.3" exhaust pipes coming out of the center resonator.
My question is... should that work okay? Meaning, if I buy the Touring-to-Track AWE kit will the pipe-bend of the AWE kit be the same pipe-bend of OEM, so that the AWE pipe will meet the OEM pipe?
If so.... great! I could put on the T2T AWE kit myself for only ~$400.
I know OEM is about 2.3" and T2T is 2.5" but a reducer pipe should make that work, or i guess i could slide the OEM into the 2.5 and weld it.
Thoughts on the OEM original exhaust pipe meeting up at the right pipe-bend/angle with the AWE T2T successfully?