Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Problems after testpipe install

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems after testpipe install

I will try to give the full account. I have a stage 3 Audi A4 2002 AMB engine. AWE tuning for gt28 turbo, FMIC, full 3 inch exhaust, test pipe, and psi concepts manifold. I have had a shop boost leak the system with no leaks, turbo is in great condition, many new valves and the such, and spark plugs are brand new. Basically the engine is "flawless" according to one shop.

So here's my problem: In April my friends and I got sick of ATP's manifolds cracking. We installed Psi Concepts t25 manifold along with their test pipe, therefor eliminating the catalytic converter. Ever since I cannot hit red-line under full throttle, and definitely can't make it partial. I will accelerate hard and around 5K rpm boost goes from 16-18psi down to -10. In third gear I top out at 55mph at 5krpm and can't get further. Actuator was replaced thinking that was the problem. Well then I blew out my manifold-to-head exhaust gasket. With my car sounding like a bi-plane I could hit 22 psi and actually hit redline, then fix exhaust leak and loosen the actuator and I am back to 5k boost cut off. According to vag-com I go extremely rich, there are some misfires, and MAF reading goes from 180 g/s to practically nothing (forgot but I think it was around 40 g/s).

AWE calls for the cat to be used for back pressure, but it was causing too much heat. Now I have no backpressure and a full 3 inch exhaust, awesome car with no power for a stage 3. Has someone had the issue where they cannot hot redline after test pipe install? I have searched endlessly with no answers. Please can someone help me with this issue before I just give up and sell. Sorry for this being first post, I lost my previous sign in.

Thanks in advance,

Will