Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Tip-chip question - please forgive double-post

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tip-chip question - please forgive double-post

Hi folks,

This is also a post on the A6 forum, and I am new to the site. Perhaps it is better directed to you folks here...

I have 2004 A6 2.7t S-Line tiptronic w/18" wheel package

In my conversations with MTM tuning in Concord, NH they have been suggesting that as part of the Dahlback Stage One package that I include a reprogrammed chip for the tiptronic transmission as well as the chip for the engine management system and the cat-back exhaust. Dahlback systems are pricey and my experience has been with my previous BMW's and Saab Aero's where the chip/exhaust/intake routine has been succesful and, well, routine. But they were all standard transmission cars with drivelines that could withstand additional torque. The Stage One system provides a modest boost to ~300hp.

My questions - have you folks had good experiences with tip-chips in general or with Dahlback in particular & How have your modifications been been treated with respect to warranty issues? With my BMW's and Saab's, the dealers were fine and supportive - but I am getting a lot of evasive answers from my Audi dealarship - now that the deal is closed. What have your experiences been.

I know that one option is to just shut-up and drive, but this crew seems to relish the aftermarket and the potential this S-Line seems to be so easily unlocked. I am going up to MTM this week to drive their demo and am anxious to feel the difference.

Thanks
eric
Old 09-11-2004, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tip-chip is a must have for a tip car. I wish I would have done it sooner!
Old 09-12-2004, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default eric...

Dahlback.. is a soldered in chip. they do not have DiPP software. If they did, I'd be there in a minute.
Dahlback has some great programs that they can chip you with... some even require substantial Auto Trans mods to handle the torque. All of which is in violation of the warranty... if they find it that is. Been there...its not worth the headeach IMHO.

While under warranty talk to KMDtuning.com
Danny is a Dahlback/MTM dealer in NJ... AND a GIAC dealer. Also he is Audi trained. The combination of the GIAC DiPP (flash software) and their Tip Chip is gaining a great deal of popularity with the allroaders(2.7T). Ask Danny his thoughts and stress your warranty concerne and year/age of the car.