Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

VAG-COM tool, where I can get one? How does it look like? I've seen those boost graphics some of you

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2001, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VAG-COM tool, where I can get one? How does it look like? I've seen those boost graphics some of you

post here, and perhaps it can help me to find what is wrong with my engine. Cause it feels like a normally aspirated car now, lot of turbo whistle and not pulling the car like before.
By the way Electro Man, thanks for the knock sensor info, but I'm not sure if VW shop is right, telling that Knock sensor is the cause of my week engine, is the low-end power (torque) what I miss more. Do you think it is the real cause?
I have the suspect of the wastegate or turbo failure, or even a defective ECU, don't trust these VW guys (I live in Mexico).
So I'm wondering if this tool can help me to find out what is really happening.
any comment??? advice?
Old 09-21-2001, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some info

go to <a href="http://www.ross-tech.com">Ross-Tech</a> to buy a VAG. You most likely will find a DTC (diagnostic trouble code) through VAG-Com. With the info VAG-Com gives you, you will have a much better idea of what to look at and where to start. As far as boost pressure charts, VAG-Com itself does not do graphing. You can either log the numbers in VAG-Com and import them into Excel for a graph, or use VW Tool, which does graphing. I don't think you can buy VW Tool anymore, but I'm sure someone here (email me) will be kind enough to give it to you

hope this helped... josh