Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Went to the 1/4 strip for the second time, some questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to the 1/4 strip for the second time, some questions

Ok so I went to the dragstrip in canada for the second time ever today, and I got some weird results. First of all last time i went, i had stock wheels, k04,fmic,stock injectors, k04 chip, this time i had 18x9" wheels that are heavier, 310cc injectors, the pc-16 chip, and a test pipe. Also the first time it was 25 degrees F out and this time it was about 60 F out.

Now the first time my best time was 14.8 at 97mph, this time my best time was 14.4 at 84mph. This seemed kinda strange to me, I think maybe it was because of the launch? Help me.

PS I am know these probably aren't the best times for my mods so take it easy
Old 10-17-2004, 07:09 AM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default There are so many things that can cause that.

Would have to see the time slips to tell you, but if you get a better launch or over run the gears your ET will drop and so will your MPH. The MPH gets slower because your causing the car to stall in speed which means you are moving forward without increasing your mph. The trick is to keep your speedo from slowing down and have a smooth pull thru your mph without allowing the gauge to stall at all. Now you have to find where your power band ends and shift just after it.