Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

2020 Audi Q3 Stalls While Driving (Lemon ??)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FYI - dealer pointed out the engine will not restart if seat belt has been removed as a safety feature. Not sure if anyone else had this problem or I am just dumb?
Old 07-25-2020, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Audis are not subarus or toyotas or hondas. They are quirky as an audi owner knows and they require patience. It seems that you were really not ready to own one. You're driving a mid priced compact suv and acting like you own a lamborghini. You should have bought something else.
Old 07-26-2020, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'm not sure what you mean. I had an A4 before my Q3 and never had any problems with it. In addition to the engine stalling problems mentioned in this thread, my Q3's steering will remain locked after the engine auto-restarts for another second or two, sometimes longer, which is insanely dangerous if you are making a turn for example. These are serious problems regardless if the car is an Audi or not. Downplaying their significance as quirks seems pretty ignorant to me.
Old 07-28-2020, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 81 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by dshaf
I'm not sure what you mean. I had an A4 before my Q3 and never had any problems with it. In addition to the engine stalling problems mentioned in this thread, my Q3's steering will remain locked after the engine auto-restarts for another second or two, sometimes longer, which is insanely dangerous if you are making a turn for example. These are serious problems regardless if the car is an Audi or not. Downplaying their significance as quirks seems pretty ignorant to me.
TSB regarding the steering delay

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...76418-0001.pdf
Old 07-28-2020, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 4ringsnewbie
Thank you for sharing. Amazing my own dealership did not share this with me.
The following users liked this post:
4ringsnewbie (07-28-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wait a minute, I test drove a Q3 yesterday and it has start/stop where it shuts itself off in traffic.

That's a feature, not a problem.
Old 07-28-2020, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hagakurejunkie
Wait a minute, I test drove a Q3 yesterday and it has start/stop where it shuts itself off in traffic.

That's a feature, not a problem.
You're right it's not a problem until your steering remains locked even after the engine has restarted.
Old 03-01-2021, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 4ringsnewbie
Do you know if there is any update since? I kept asking my dealership here in Canada and they keep saying there is no new software available to fix this problem.
Old 03-03-2021, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, new to this forum. Just bought a brand new 2020 Q3 Premium Plus 3 months ago. Just faced an issue today while driving home. The car was shaking a bit before it stopped and coming out with "Driver System Malfunction". Gonna bring to the dealers tomorrow and see how it goes. I hope everything's ok while on the highway to dealer's!
Old 10-20-2021, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2022 Q3 45 TFSI S-line stalling

Originally Posted by SillyYun
Hey guys, new to this forum. Just bought a brand new 2020 Q3 Premium Plus 3 months ago. Just faced an issue today while driving home. The car was shaking a bit before it stopped and coming out with "Driver System Malfunction". Gonna bring to the dealers tomorrow and see how it goes. I hope everything's ok while on the highway to dealer's!
Hey All,

Just bought a 2022 Q3 45 TFSI and I have the exact same stalling problem. The car only has 600 miles. It is on its second trip to the dealer for the stalling issue. So far they haven't figured out what is causing the issue. Below is a quote from the service tech. The car has been at the dealer for a week. I will update this thread whether there is a resolution or not.

" I just wanted to touch bases with you. We are still in the diagnosis process. We replaced the sensor and it is still not correcting our issue. I have him continuing looking into your car and working with our shop foreman to get a further answer as to what is exactly going on. I am hoping to have more info either tomorrow or Friday. I will let you know as soon as I know more."

Quick Reply: 2020 Audi Q3 Stalls While Driving (Lemon ??)