Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

Q3 but have question about the year/package

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 01:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I compared it from the Premium Plus and the Prestige.

Premium Plus - also they had the Sport and or Technology package that could of been order and other stand-alone options to like the wood inlay, black cloth headliner and the 19" wheels.
Prestige - The Technology package is standard and you can also order the sport package. You get the Bose Surround Sound w/14 speakers and AudioPilot and 465w, S Line exterior appearance and Full LED headlights, LED taillights w/dynamic turn signals.

Old 08-13-2021, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

2019 and later are a huge improvement in interior space. I passed on the Q3 a few years earlier because it was the first German car I had ever encountered that didn't have enough headroom for my 6' 2" frame. Styling outside and inside had big improvements with the 2019 model.

Leasing a new Q3 (if no dealer markup) might be a better option, as used car prices are through the roof. My 2019 PP with Nav that cost me under $40,000 is typically selling used for around $36,000 her in NW NJ.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by patmurphey
Styling outside and inside had big improvements with the 2019 model.
Styling is subjective. I personally prefer the front end design of the previous gen 3's myself (especially the grill's incorporation vs the current big grill). I like the interior of the current Q3s a lot, but I like the old one as well. Kinda like I hate the exterior of the current Q7's vs the previous body design but love the interior design over the old one. To each his/her own though. Again, personal preferences and all.

Just an aside / observation.... Some buyers want/need/prefer a smaller version of the same vehicle if given a choice. For instance, each gen of compact pickups has gotten bigger & bigger & like how a current Honda Civic is as big or bigger than what an Accord used to be (same with Nissan's line). Not always is something having gotten bigger = better. If you can't fit a new gen version of a car or truck in your garage (or to stay within the confines of your driveway) vs a previous gen one, then that would be a case that an xtra couple of inches in the body's wheelbase going from 1 generation to another wasn't a good thing.

Old 08-13-2021, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts

I think the interior materials and fit/finish of the new Q3 was a step down from the old Q3. It looks more up-to-date, but that's just a styling thing.
Generally, the lower priced Audi's of late seem to have some obvious cost cutting going on. Even the interior quality of the Q5 seems a step down from the previous generation.

Last edited by S4'ed; 08-13-2021 at 12:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Rich807 (08-14-2021)
Old 08-14-2021, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by S4'ed
I think the interior materials and fit/finish of the new Q3 was a step down from the old Q3. It looks more up-to-date, but that's just a styling thing.
Generally, the lower priced Audi's of late seem to have some obvious cost cutting going on. Even the interior quality of the Q5 seems a step down from the previous generation.
Well said/agree. I found the same in some of the Mercedes stuff I’ve owned such as the GLA250 I owned had plastics in it that were cheaper looking & feeling than the years earlier C300 I had. Same with a coworker’s loaner cheaper model Jag he had for a while…. Interior was very cheap-ish compared to higher end Jag models like the one he owned.

Old 08-14-2021, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by S4'ed
A Driver Memory seat is only available on 2022+ Gen-2 Q3s.
Apple CarPlay is only available on 2021+ Gen-2 Q3s.

On Gen-1 Q3s, heated power leather seats are standard, rear view cam is standard, hands-free is standard, baby seat anchors are standard, Navi is an option, AWD is an option ("Quattro").
Other options are Bose stereo, Sport front seats with 19 inch wheels and Drive Select ("Sport Package"). The Premium Plus package adds the blind-spot warnings, power hatch, and chrome window trim. Prestige adds (on top of Premium Plus) Navi and Bose. There are also option choices for the interior trim, metal or wood.
The "Sport" trim is a stripper, replacing the earlier "Premium" trim name.

Carefull about the Navi option, even cars without it have a Navi button on the radio/control unit. Many dealers assume that if it has the Navi button, it has the actual function installed. If you press it, and it says "Not Availible", it is not installed.

The only real difference between 2015 thru 2019 are minor cosmetic changes to the taillights and bumpers, and I think 2017 onward got LED headlights standard, to replace Xenon HIDs.
This incorrect

The current generation Q3 began in the US with MY19. It was a totally new vehicle from the ground up. Prior gen Q3 went to 2018 in the US

Looks, and anything else is of course, subjective. And people tend to defend what they have/have had. Having sold tons of each (many more of the current gen, as demand has been increased drastically vs the previous). The new one is a nicer vehicle, particularly in drive characteristics, than the prior generation. It is smoother, quieter, way more safety features and useful technology and a far more contemporary design inside and out. Whether that aligns with someones preferences and tastes, is, as mentioned, subjective. The soft touch aspects of the current generation interior are greater than prior gen as well.

Last edited by SCarGuy; 08-14-2021 at 07:14 AM.
Old 08-14-2021, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

SCarGuy is right, the 2019 was a redesign. All versions are Quattro, moon roof, baby anchors, new MMI, etc. My Prestige S-Line came with a Bang & Olufsen radio, full 360 cameras, parking assist, convenience package, NAV, full LED lights, heated seats, blind spot warning, lane assist, adaptive cruise, etc. Almost everything EXCEPT memory seats...

Last edited by dlpalm; 08-15-2021 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-15-2021, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dlpalm
SCarGuy is right, the 2019 was a redesign. All versions are Quattro, moon roof, baby anchors, new MMI, etc. My Prestige S-Line came with a Band & Olufsen radio, full 360 cameras, parking assist, convenience package, NAV, full LED lights, heated seats, blind spot warning, lane assist, adaptive cruise, etc. Almost everything EXCEPT memory seats...
Just curious: What about HomeLink?

Found it funny our Prestige Plus was pretty loaded up with everything including side assist, full LEDs etc, but no HomeLink. The '18 Prestige Sport we have now doesn't have a # of things the '16 had but it does have HomeLink. The Germans are so funny about how they package things a lot of the time.
Old 08-15-2021, 07:06 AM
f10
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

We ordered a fully loaded 45 TFSI-e in Spain. The dealer botched the order up so bad that we now have every option except the power memory seats that we absolutely required. In typical Spanish fashion, the dealer just says its our fault and there is nothing they can do. When a similar mix up happened with our US dealer, they quickly fixed the problem and had a new car in 3 months. The al-la carte options and packages on these cars is very annoying.
Old 08-15-2021, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep Homelink too, although I've had difficulty getting it to program for one of the much older, fixed code transmitters. but for the newer styles it seems to work fine, and will automatically pop up on the MMI when pulling into the driveway.. it's not there for long and I usually have to call it back up by pressing the top center button on the MMI to get it to redisplay. It's fully programmable so you can "name" each opening however you like... Still wish the car had memory seats, but has everything we wanted.

Quick Reply: Q3 but have question about the year/package