Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2013 Q5 3.0 issues and getting close to the warranty ending - Final Audi Service

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 07:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bkotyk
My 2013 Q5 3.0 is getting closer to the end of its warranty (less than 6 months) and I need to bring it in soon to address a few current issues. While the car is being looked at for this service, do you know of any other typical problematic things that can go wrong with this engine or chassis? I like doing this before a car goes out of warranty because some problematic things are a ticking time bomb and with my luck will fail right after the warranty runs out.

Current Issues:
1. The AC stopped working last week
2. Sunroof squeak and rattle when driving
3. Steering wheel squeak and low power steering pressure at low speeds, intermittent issue.
4. Brakes Squeak intermittently, there is a TSB 2027636/1 to replace the pads at all four corners.
5. Gasoline smell from under the hood when the car was left parked for a few days
6. Start/Stop button is peeling, this is a defect in the part
7. Check oil consumption, I had the car on a slight hill and it reported low oil.
I just had the Pano Roof done on my SQ5 and they did a great job no more creaking.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Sacdubro
I just had the Pano Roof done on my SQ5 and they did a great job no more creaking.
What dealer did your work and do you know what specifically they did to your Pano Roof? Mine is creeks over each bump and is driving me crazy.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

What dealer did your work and do you know what specifically they did to your Pano Roof? Mine is creeks over each bump and is driving me crazy.
they replaced the whole frame on mine.
Old 11-28-2016, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default What did you end up getting fixed? Anyone else have suggestions?

My 2013 Q5 3.0 is getting closer to the end of its warranty (less than 6 months) and I need to bring it in soon to address a few current issues. While the car is being looked at for this service, do you know of any other typical problematic things that can go wrong with this engine or chassis? I like doing this before a car goes out of warranty because some problematic things are a ticking time bomb and with my luck will fail right after the warranty runs out.

Current Issues:
1. The AC stopped working last week
2. Sunroof squeak and rattle when driving
3. Steering wheel squeak and low power steering pressure at low speeds, intermittent issue.
4. Brakes Squeak intermittently, there is a TSB 2027636/1 to replace the pads at all four corners.
5. Gasoline smell from under the hood when the car was left parked for a few days
6. Start/Stop button is peeling, this is a defect in the part
7. Check oil consumption, I had the car on a slight hill and it reported low oil.
====
This was such a great idea for a post!

I am surprised there were only a couple of detailed answers (but all helpful).

I have a 2013 Q5 (hybrid) that goes out of warranty in March and is not CPO (but is new to me). I'm experiencing the brake squealing so very happy to have this TSB number, although notice others in the forum have said some dealers deny this. Did your dealer change the brake pads? rotors? Anything else you got done in addition to your list?

Anyone else have advice for what to ask the dealer to look at?

I was thinking of trying the "one of our windows phone has intermittent connection issues but the iPhone is fine" (which is true) to see if they'll replace the MMI with the one that's 3G and AT&T compatible (I signed up for AudiConnect's $10/month 2G plan).

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2016, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Its funny that you brought back this thread. I'm brining my Q5 in next Thursday for its final maintenance and check up before the warranty runs out.

The brakes on my Q5 only had the fronts swapped out for the squeak issue but it has come back since the last service... so I'm going to see what they can do this time around since its pretty annoying. My 997 GT3 has squeaky carbon ceramics but I accepted this as they're performance track brakes.

Are there any major things that I should have checked on my car besides my original list below.

Issues that I brought up to the service manager in the spring:
1. The AC stopped working last week - This was corrected at the last service
2. Sunroof squeak and rattle when driving - Pano roof replaced with updated design
3. Steering wheel squeak and low power steering pressure at low speeds, intermittent issue. - This is still an issue
4. Brakes Squeak intermittently, there is a TSB 2027636/1 to replace the pads at all four corners. - This is still an issue and I want them to replace the pads/rotors and not just the pads.
5. Gasoline smell from under the hood when the car was left parked for a few days - This wasn't addressed in the last service
6. Start/Stop button is peeling, this is a defect in the part - Replaced
7. Check oil consumption, I had the car on a slight hill and it reported low oil. - The car was reported to be in-spec.