Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

AC Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Q5-9191B
Thanks for the replies and please keep them coming. My dealer had the car now for 3 times and has been unable to recreate the problem, therefor I am a liar and there is no problem. Yesterday the AC stopped working after 2 perfect hours, and then after not working for 20 min, started up again without doing anything. I am writing a letter to the dealer, and cc'ing Audi.
Had happen to my on more then one vehicle -either the blower motor or its relay is bad, and it could be an intermittent fault.
Q5: had a problem when AC would not work and engine started overheating when idling-turned out to be a bad power connection
to the fan module (read relay)-the module did not get power, there for would not turn the radiator/condensor fan ON.
LR2: had AC not working intermittently, always happened in city driving, esp. on traffic light. LR dealer could not diagnose and said "everything is OK". They would not even fix it when I told them that rad. fan motor was not working at idle w/ AC ON-"we cannot reproduce the problem". Took me 5 trips to get it fixed.
Important note: everything worked fine in both vehicles at the speed above 30 mph because the condensor (and radiator) were cooled by the air flow.
The newer fan modules are more then just simple relays, they can easily go bad intermittrently.
Old 10-07-2017, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The shrader shouldn't hiss once the switch is removed. It is either loose, or the shrader is bad, and it will continue to leak, and deplete your freon.[/QUOTE]

I took my Audi into this new Audi service 3 weeks ago and they said the shrader valve was loose. I had this car in the service at another Audi service off and on for a year for it blowing hot air and they couldn't figure it out. i would have the loaner off and on several weeks at a time, said they couldnt find any problems and was working fine, but as soon as i take it home within the day to 2 days its blowing hot again. The other day i heard a pop from the engine, I thought it was the ac that kicked on.
Now tonight my engine light came on, Anyone else has had this issue? Calling Audi service dept to go in Again..... warranty expires on the 16th errrrrr