Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi Driving Experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Driving Experience

Hello,

This is not directly a Q5 topic but as a Q5 owner I was offered the possibility to try the Audi driving experience. It is a fisrt in Canada and I wonder if it is worth the cost of it. They are asking 370$ for half a day, meal included. I fear it is more a promotion event than a real driving experience. Anyone here tried it? Do they let you push the cars a bit or is it more an easy ride?

Thank you
Old 08-22-2011, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MartinQ5
Hello,

This is not directly a Q5 topic but as a Q5 owner I was offered the possibility to try the Audi driving experience. It is a fisrt in Canada and I wonder if it is worth the cost of it. They are asking 370$ for half a day, meal included. I fear it is more a promotion event than a real driving experience. Anyone here tried it? Do they let you push the cars a bit or is it more an easy ride?

Thank you
Was free in LA in 2009 for Q5 driving experiences. FitzLA and I attended - light snack and $500 coupon was offered after after that.
Even was well organized and and wife and I really enjoyed - it was FREE!
I must say - I attend many BMW events, Audi, Acura and Buick - Audi was THE BEST!

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2751677

Last edited by TIME89; 08-22-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Audi in Europe has something like this for the Q5 its and off road experience that you can pay for and you take out loaner Q5's through a course. I'll try to scan the paper tomorrow for it so you can see if its about the same thing.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Stuttgartrob
Audi in Europe has something like this for the Q5 its and off road experience that you can pay for and you take out loaner Q5's through a course. I'll try to scan the paper tomorrow for it so you can see if its about the same thing.
It is not the same. What is on the "menu" is half a day driving a S4 and a A6 on a race track. The dessert: a ride with a pilot in a R8.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is not the same. What is on the "menu" is half a day driving a S4 and a A6 on a race track. The dessert: a ride with a pilot in a R8.
Then this is a totally different event.
What you describe is look like this - Link
Old 08-22-2011, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Oh that doesn't seem that much fun, I hate riding passenger and having to pay for it. I've done a few track days in Europe and driven the R8 and various other supercars for alot less than $370 per car.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Stuttgartrob
Oh that doesn't seem that much fun, I hate riding passenger and having to pay for it. I've done a few track days in Europe and driven the R8 and various other supercars for alot less than $370 per car.
The R8 ride is more a bonus in my opinion. I was more looking forward to learn some driving technique. most the time you are driving the S4 and the A6.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

The R8 ride is more a bonus in my opinion. I was more looking forward to learn some driving technique. most the time you are driving the S4 and the A6.
I guess since I have lots of track experience, it just doesn't seem like its worth it to me. But if you are new to tracks it'll probably be a lot more informative for you. Hopefully they have some fun instructors in the car that will let you push the cars a bit.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have taken an advanced driving school class at NHMS in Loudon NH using my previous vehicle of a Mazda CX7 .... I know not quite a driving 'experience' as listed in this thread.
http://www.whitemtn-bmwclub.org/adss.html

Was the BEST driving course I could have taken as it forced me to test the limits of my OWN vehicle under potentially hazardous driving conditions with instructors skilled to get you through it. I have since wanted to go back with my Mazda Miata and would consider trying it with the Q (in a few years closer to warranty end). This was an all day event held on a Saturday with a follow up class on Sunday for those interested in learning track driving of their vehicle.

and in a google search I see my 'local' Audi club had a driving school held at NHMS as well: http://www.naaclub.org/?p=363