Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 11:50 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Awesome way to stream Bluetooth music on 2012 Q5

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by striders
I have a 2013 Q5 (no MMI) and tried to look for this knock-outs but couldn't find it.

The AMI socket is on the left side of the glove box. The right side of the glove box, I don't see anything that resembles a hole to poke through the wire.

I am just wondering if you have a 2013 Q5 and actually see where the hole is. Otherwise, I am not too keen in drilling a hole on the car.
Sorry, I do not have a 13 Q5 to look at. I'm sure my wife wishes we did though :P

-Rich H.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ngpeter
I found a youtube video with a demonstration to a 3G MMI system, but the question remains if it supports a2dp from other apps outside of the ipod playback. It would be great if they could show it working with Pandora or a GPS app.
This works!! The Viseoo tune2air product is awesome and does not need external power. Only works for my wife's iphone though. Tried streaming from a music app and that worked fine too. Picks up the name of the song as well. Cool stuff.

For those who have Q5s without MMI... this is highly recommended.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tm7384
This works!! The Viseoo tune2air product is awesome and does not need external power. Only works for my wife's iphone though. Tried streaming from a music app and that worked fine too. Picks up the name of the song as well. Cool stuff.

For those who have Q5s without MMI... this is highly recommended.
Glad it does! It is a much elegant solution, isn't it?

Now for those Android owners, email Viseoo and have them make it compatible with Android OS!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Glad it does! It is a much elegant solution, isn't it?

Now for those Android owners, email Viseoo and have them make it compatible with Android OS!
Much better and elegant solution than drilling holes

Price is not prohibitive. Did some more research, and the retailer said that android support may be coming soon either as a new product or software upgrade to the same (din understand how that will be possible though).
Old 03-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for reporting back! This could be great. Can you confirm that it will switch between phone and music, to make/take calls?
Old 03-29-2013, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Possibly a dumb question

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but since it seems necessary for the MMI to recognize a Bluetooth receiver for streaming purposes, is it possible to just use a 3.5mm MMI cable cable and connect it to a BT receiver that has a 3.5mm connection? By the way, I have a 2013 A4 without nav.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Raffstam
Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but since it seems necessary for the MMI to recognize a Bluetooth receiver for streaming purposes, is it possible to just use a 3.5mm MMI cable cable and connect it to a BT receiver that has a 3.5mm connection? By the way, I have a 2013 A4 without nav.
Yes, it does work. See my thread here: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2843280

Alternatively, you can use the Viseoo Tune2Air IF you have IOS.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yes, it does work. See my thread here: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2843280

Alternatively, you can use the Viseoo Tune2Air IF you have IOS.
Thanks. I assume that it doesn't really matter which Bluetooth receiver you use, aside from sound quality: ie, they all work as long as they have an aux in connection?
Old 03-29-2013, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Raffstam
Thanks. I assume that it doesn't really matter which Bluetooth receiver you use, aside from sound quality: ie, they all work as long as they have an aux in connection?
AFAIK, yes.. doesn't matter which BT receiver you use.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AUDIIOS
Thanks for reporting back! This could be great. Can you confirm that it will switch between phone and music, to make/take calls?

Did see a issue though with switching between calls and music. My wife stepped into the car yesterday and she was on the phone with a friend. I started the car and the music started playing in parallel with the call. Had to turn off bluetooth connection so she could talk. Product needs minor improvements like this scenario.

Quick Reply: Awesome way to stream Bluetooth music on 2012 Q5