Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

BirdmanQ5's 2.0T S-Line

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pics Birdman. I know another guy called Birdman who got the nickname from being super skinny. Why does that Q7 look like a Q5 in the top pics, or is your Q5 posing next to 2 different cars (Q5 up top, Q7 down below)?
Old 01-14-2013, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Parsec
Why does that Q7 look like a Q5 in the top pics, or is your Q5 posing next to 2 different cars (Q5 up top, Q7 down below)?
Two different cars. There's the Monsoon Q5, and then someone else's Q7. They were in separate posts on AZ, he just rolled up all the pics for people who haven't seen them there.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by idale
Two different cars. There's the Monsoon Q5, and then someone else's Q7. They were in separate posts on AZ, he just rolled up all the pics for people who haven't seen them there.
Oh, now I see they're different colors. Man I'm getting old (just turned 31 haha). I'm going to need bifocals soon...
Old 01-14-2013, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Oh, now I see they're different colors. Man I'm getting old (just turned 31 haha). I'm going to need bifocals soon...
Yeah, ya old man! (Oh wait, I've got 6 months on you. :P)

More semi-on-topic, I can never make up my mind about Monsoon, keep going back and forth between "I like grey" and "so boring". But that next-to-last pic of the Ibis really make me twitch wanting to clean the dirt splatters. I know white's not for me, they'd have to put me away. Not sure how you guys manage.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by idale
Yeah, ya old man! (Oh wait, I've got 6 months on you. :P)

More semi-on-topic, I can never make up my mind about Monsoon, keep going back and forth between "I like grey" and "so boring". But that next-to-last pic of the Ibis really make me twitch wanting to clean the dirt splatters. I know white's not for me, they'd have to put me away. Not sure how you guys manage.
Like I said in another post, I've already washed my Ibis White about 2 dozen times and detailed it 4 times since I took delivery 9 months ago. That adds up to over $1000/year just to keep the car clean!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Fixed the stripe. My Audi dealer was kind enough to redo the stripe in vinyl after their pressure washers took off the dip. $100 will get me a wrapped grille, they intend to take the whole bumper off to wrap it - is this really necessary?

I also have a gloss black filler plate from a 3.2 coming from ECS. Nothing but great things to say about their customer service, and they are very friendly and reasonable. I accidentally ordered the 3.2 plate with sensors for the non s-line grille instead of the s-line one, which was a mistake on both our ends, and they were happy to return it and send a new one for me. That should arrive by next week, wrap will be mid february.

Cheers,

Alex

And yes, the other Q needs some love.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Got the ECS filler plate installed, and the grille wrapped in gloss black 3m vinyl. Will post more pics once I clean my car and have a decent camera to shoot with.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great! Everyone is modding like crazy today.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The grill looks sharp.

Is that another Q5 on your driveway? Why do you have 2 Q5's?
Old 02-04-2013, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Why do you have 2 Q5's?
Why not?

The other one is my father's, but between his travels to warmer climates during the colder months it never gets driven. I look after it while he's away, making sure it gets moved around (and occasionally included in photoshoots). It's pretty awesome, since I have the luxury of pitting a stock Q5 against my modded one

Quick Reply: BirdmanQ5's 2.0T S-Line