Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Dealer car wash?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer car wash?

From what I heard, you can take your car to an audi dealer for a car wash and pressure wash your tires too. Has anyone ever tried it? I'm wondering if its a good idea because there have been negative comments on it also ( ie messing up your car with scratches etc. ) I live in Canada btw, so Im not sure if this applies here. Thanks for the feedback
Old 09-10-2013, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Mine does it here in Texas @ the Sewell dealer anytime you want. They even vacuum but I don't get it washed there too often bc I hear its not the best stuff they use on your paint.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dealership where I bought our Q5 doesn't advertise free car washes but the sales rep said when you need one just pull in to the service dept. and tell them you need a wash. After purchase I asked the service mgr. if that was the procedure and he said "uh, yes we could do that if you'd like". So not sure what the deal is but I haven't had it washed there yet. Kind of far to drive and I like doing it myself when the weather is good.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

My dealer has always offered a car wash with every visit. It's a really great service if you want some pimply faced kid putting nice swirls in your paint with an old, dirty, scratchy, towel. I always pass - thanks, but I prefer to do my own washes and detailing.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Unless your dealer is meticulous with technique and materials, I would NOT have the dealer wash my car. Yes, it will be clean but could be at the expense of fine swirl marks; which are tough to get out.

Bob

Last edited by bob m; 09-11-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't think my dealer offers free car wash "anytime" but they do offer a car wash after every service visit. Like others said, there are high risks to get swirl marks even scratches from dealer wash. So, I always refuse the offer. I would rather have car dirty than wash by dealer.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bob m
Unless your dealer is meticulous with technique and materials, I would NOT have the dealer wash my car. Yes, it will be clean but could be at the expense of fine swirl marks; which are tough to get out.

Bob
Agree 100 percent. You must have it hand washed or polish after each wash with detailer's clear
polish shine.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Not just swirls to the exterior paint - dealerships have a knack for scratching the plastic on the instrument cluster as well.

This is why my dealer will only be permitted to clean the floormats and carpet.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

West Houston Audi has offered car washes, but the actual car wash looks like a 1980s gas station drive through wash. They told me that they also would be happy to add oil in my Q5 whenever it is running low.

Very little interest in driving 10 miles ($2 in gas) for a spotty car wash and a quart of bulk motor oil that would take them 30 minutes to do
Old 10-02-2013, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Flow Audi in Charlottesville offers free wash every Saturday until 2pm. I've only taken the cars maybe twice for the free wash. I wash and wax myself.

Obviously a wash and vaccum is included with any service. They do a pretty good job at my dealer. My wife's Q5 was disgusting the last time we took it in for service. Didn't even recognize it when they pulled it up front because of how clean it was.

Quick Reply: Dealer car wash?