Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Got hit already... :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 07:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got hit already... :(

4 months old... already got hit!!!!

Was going straight and someone suddenly came out of his long line up left turn lane into my lane directly next to me. Both 19" rim damaged, scratch all the way from behind the rim to the rear bumper, dent on the driver door and rear door.

Front door and the 2 rims need to be replaced... guess how much it takes to fix... $4500!!!!!!

Now hoping the other side will not tell a different story to make it a 50/50 fault. Don't want insurance to rise for not my fault.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry to hear that Good luck with the repair and insurance.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:11 AM
DrV
AudiWorld Senior Member

My sympathies, may the "recovery" be uneventful! Good thing you were in such a safe car!
Old 07-27-2009, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

So sorry to hear about this, man. I hope to hear of your excellent repairs.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here is the update:

Finally after struggling with insurance for them to contact the other party to MAKE them to admit that it's their fault, finally a few pushes got them to that.

Finally got the parts in (how long did that take??? like 3 weeks????) and will bring it in for the fix next Monday.

Total cost will be approx $4500 which includes:
Replacing the driver side front and rear wheel (a completely new set)
Replacing the driver side front door
Fixing the dent on the rear driver side door
Patching up the scratch and repainting starting from hind of front wheel to the bumper on the driver side.

Plus on top when returning the rental car, that guy from the rental place had make a dent on the back passenger side door... they are going to fix it for me without charge due to the body shop relationship with the car rental place. But will have to make sure they do it again on Monday.

What a big mess and hope it's going to be over soon.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to hear of all your accidents. What color is your Q5, is it a low visiblity color?
Old 09-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Too bad that it's an extremely visible color... BLACK.... @_@
Old 09-14-2009, 05:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Update on the 'fixes':

Another flood of frustrations!!!

1) they 'missed' ordering the molding for the passenger door
2) they 'forgot' to fix the dent that they promised to fix (the dent was created by the rental guy who was helping me out putting the car seat back into my car)
3) they return the car to me with the driver side inside door panel with black oil smudges
4) I don't know what they did but my dashboard is ruined which looks like some kind of 'inappropriate' type of detergent was used on it and the plastic is now unclear with layer of melted pastic on top of it

With 1) and 2), it means that I'll have to bring my car back for a 2nd round fix.

On top of that, I only see 'balance' on the receipt while I realized that it has to be done as 'road force balance' (thx to regina_tts for the info). I called and asked them if it was done as 'road force balance', even though that guy kept telling me yes, with their 'work quality', I don't know if I should trust them or not.

Getting my husband to complain to them now...
Old 09-14-2009, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spicypepper
Update on the 'fixes':

Another flood of frustrations!!!

1) they 'missed' ordering the molding for the passenger door
2) they 'forgot' to fix the dent that they promised to fix (the dent was created by the rental guy who was helping me out putting the car seat back into my car)
3) they return the car to me with the driver side inside door panel with black oil smudges
4) I don't know what they did but my dashboard is ruined which looks like some kind of 'inappropriate' type of detergent was used on it and the plastic is now unclear with layer of melted pastic on top of it

With 1) and 2), it means that I'll have to bring my car back for a 2nd round fix.

On top of that, I only see 'balance' on the receipt while I realized that it has to be done as 'road force balance' (thx to regina_tts for the info). I called and asked them if it was done as 'road force balance', even though that guy kept telling me yes, with their 'work quality', I don't know if I should trust them or not.

Getting my husband to complain to them now...
Sounds like you are one step closer to needing an attorney.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Also, 1 more thing that I forgot... The door was replaced and now the airbag light is on!!!! So if I go into a serious accident, I think they will be in deep sh**. >:-(

Quick Reply: Got hit already... :(