Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

How Does Prestige Make Sense?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Several factors are at work here, not least of which is the time it takes to build an Audi in Europe and get it here. Audi USA and the US dealer body do better by "bundling" options so you can find a car close to your ideal spec in inventory when you want to buy it.

If you really want a non-standard combination of options and are willing to wait, that's what Audi Individual is all about, and it looks like its US availability is growing across the model range. Sure, I would have liked a light headliner with my sport seats, BUT I didn't have months to wait for it to be built that way.

I do really enjoy the adaptive headlights, and my wife thinks the climatized cupholder is great.

So yes, the Prestige level is overpriced, but much of that difference should come back at trade-in/resale time. A Prestige Q5 books higher than the Prem+, and some of the a la carte options don't seem to lift the Prem+ resale values.

Guess I won't know for sure until its time to replace my 2013.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by centurion70
Actually, I think the TDI is available with the Premium Plus package (no Prestige). .
At the time I placed my order (June 2014), the only way to get a diesel Q5 in the US was to order a Prestige.

If you are basing your statement on the Audi US website, I have found that to be less than reliable. The website didn't show diesel q5 until several months after I placed my order. Go figure,

In the meantime, I am quite happy with my prestige order. When I'm spending this much on a vehicle, I don't want to skimp and regret it later on. But that's just me.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 914Audi
At the time I placed my order (June 2014), the only way to get a diesel Q5 in the US was to order a Prestige.

If you are basing your statement on the Audi US website, I have found that to be less than reliable. The website didn't show diesel q5 until several months after I placed my order. Go figure,

In the meantime, I am quite happy with my prestige order. When I'm spending this much on a vehicle, I don't want to skimp and regret it later on. But that's just me.
I based it on the order guide I used to place my order. It listed the Premium Plus package as default for TDI, with Prestige as an (expensive) option. Notwithstanding the extra expense, I also added the Prestige package for some of the same reasons you have stated.