Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

It's been great so far. Wife's loving the car.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's been great so far. Wife's loving the car.

Long time reader first time poster. After a looonnnnnggg 3 month wait, we got our Q5 about three weeks ago. From then and until now, we have logged more than 1000+ miles on it and have really enjoyed the quality of the car. My brother works for BMW but even with all his "convincing" skills, we still got the Q5 over X3. A decision we never regretted.

We put in the order last November 17 and we got the car Feb 28. Q5 2.0T, Ibis White, Sport Int Black., Advanced Key, P+, NoNav. This was to replace an aging ML350 that was too damn heavy that Mercedes is actually right to categorize it as a TRUCK!

Haven't done the VAGCOM mods yet as I'm hesitant to buy something I might not use again unless somebody here convinces me otherwise or maybe somebody in the MD/DC/VA area can lend a hand. I'm a little bit disappointed by the Audi Sound System but that can be remedied.

This is the wife's daily driver and she loves the car enough that she now feels guilty I'm not driving a new one too... maybe time to look at an A4? Maybe even swap the wife's Q5 with a Q3 when it comes so I can have filch it off her.

Thanks guys. It's this forum that had me going back everyday in anticipation of our Q5. I've learned a lot from all the posts in here and have become accustomed to start my day with a quick look to see what's new here. I actually bought the white interior LEDs and the white xenon look fogs before the Q5 was even delivered. I've been reading too much about it here that I could not control the urge.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by drixtab
Long time reader first time poster. After a looonnnnnggg 3 month wait, we got our Q5 about three weeks ago. From then and until now, we have logged more than 1000+ miles on it and have really enjoyed the quality of the car. My brother works for BMW but even with all his "convincing" skills, we still got the Q5 over X3. A decision we never regretted.

We put in the order last November 17 and we got the car Feb 28. Q5 2.0T, Ibis White, Sport Int Black., Advanced Key, P+, NoNav. This was to replace an aging ML350 that was too damn heavy that Mercedes is actually right to categorize it as a TRUCK!

Haven't done the VAGCOM mods yet as I'm hesitant to buy something I might not use again unless somebody here convinces me otherwise or maybe somebody in the MD/DC/VA area can lend a hand. I'm a little bit disappointed by the Audi Sound System but that can be remedied.

This is the wife's daily driver and she loves the car enough that she now feels guilty I'm not driving a new one too... maybe time to look at an A4? Maybe even swap the wife's Q5 with a Q3 when it comes so I can have filch it off her.

Thanks guys. It's this forum that had me going back everyday in anticipation of our Q5. I've learned a lot from all the posts in here and have become accustomed to start my day with a quick look to see what's new here. I actually bought the white interior LEDs and the white xenon look fogs before the Q5 was even delivered. I've been reading too much about it here that I could not control the urge.
welcome! Vag-com is a MUST.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiQ5sleeper
welcome! Vag-com is a MUST.
You have a vag-com? Now I know who to bother in the Boston area
Old 03-20-2013, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Where are you located?

There are lots of vcds owners that are "generally" more than willing to help with some quick mods.

When I was into the Diesel thing I helped out many fellow forum members and saved them a tonne of dealer wasted money.

I have one here in Pittsburgh
and of course its always free.

Dave
Old 03-20-2013, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by flybooey
Where are you located?

There are lots of vcds owners that are "generally" more than willing to help with some quick mods.

When I was into the Diesel thing I helped out many fellow forum members and saved them a tonne of dealer wasted money.

I have one here in Pittsburgh
and of course its always free.

Dave
Thanks! If I don't get to buy that VAG-COM I"ll keep you in mind. Being a Baltimore native though, I doubt I'll survive the trip to Pittsburgh without getting shredded to pieces. Hahaha...
Old 03-20-2013, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Parsec
You have a vag-com? Now I know who to bother in the Boston area
haha! I have a vag-com.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by AudiQ5sleeper
haha! I have a vag-com.
Hey sleeper, aside from the usual mods that I'm seeing here in the forum, can you use the vag-com cable to reset service counters if let's say you do your own oil changes?
Old 03-21-2013, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by drixtab
Hey sleeper, aside from the usual mods that I'm seeing here in the forum, can you use the vag-com cable to reset service counters if let's say you do your own oil changes?
oil change you can reset through MMI but as for service interval. you will need the vag-com to reset. Vag-com/ VCD can reset both at the same time. also for rear brake pad change, you will need the vag-com to open up the pistons.

Last edited by AudiQ5sleeper; 03-21-2013 at 04:59 AM.