Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

loving my new 2013 Daytona Grey 3.0T, but:

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loving my new 2013 Daytona Grey 3.0T, but:

Here's the hits and misses of my fully loaded Q5:

Hits:

1/ Love the Daytona Grey color. Amazing. Two pics attached.
2/ Adaptive Cruise Control. Wow'd by it. Bad news is I'm trying to use it in residential situations, need to leave it for > 60kmph applications. Also need to find out how to enable stop and go functionality ala Q7, A6.
3/ Two thumbs up for the flat bottom wheel + panoramic sunroof.
4/ Completely solid and rattle free.

Misses:

1/ Not a miss, but a question. See attached picture of tire and suspension element. It is no more then .5" from the rubber. Why is this normal, seems a little too close for comfort for me.
2/ Anyway to display battery life of my iPhone on the MMI? It displays everything else but the battery. Strange omission. A Ford Fiesta (Sync) will display phone battery via Bluetooth.
3/ Steering. 8 out of 10 drives it is fine. But 2 out of 10 drives it exhibits an annoying "notchiness" when making minute adjustments. Drivable but annoying. Even more annoying that it is inconsistent, which leads me to believe it is software/firmware related.
4/ Strange whining noise between 55-60kmph. Someone else mentioned it is a bad wheel bearing. Need the dealer to check this out.
5/ The car will not start in "S" mode, even when set to Dynamic. Need to toggle through Drive Select, in order to get it, or just tap the shift lever down to enable it.

All else is good.

Jason
Attached Images    
Old 02-16-2013, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Completely normal on the suspension. It's set up to corner, much like a race car.

Even when lowered there are no clerance issues.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Suspension element

Originally Posted by jfiluk
Here's the hits and misses of my fully loaded Q5:

Hits:

1/ Love the Daytona Grey color. Amazing. Two pics attached.
2/ Adaptive Cruise Control. Wow'd by it. Bad news is I'm trying to use it in residential situations, need to leave it for > 60kmph applications. Also need to find out how to enable stop and go functionality ala Q7, A6.
3/ Two thumbs up for the flat bottom wheel + panoramic sunroof.
4/ Completely solid and rattle free.

Misses:

1/ Not a miss, but a question. See attached picture of tire and suspension element. It is no more then .5" from the rubber. Why is this normal, seems a little too close for comfort for me.
2/ Anyway to display battery life of my iPhone on the MMI? It displays everything else but the battery. Strange omission. A Ford Fiesta (Sync) will display phone battery via Bluetooth.
3/ Steering. 8 out of 10 drives it is fine. But 2 out of 10 drives it exhibits an annoying "notchiness" when making minute adjustments. Drivable but annoying. Even more annoying that it is inconsistent, which leads me to believe it is software/firmware related.
4/ Strange whining noise between 55-60kmph. Someone else mentioned it is a bad wheel bearing. Need the dealer to check this out.
5/ The car will not start in "S" mode, even when set to Dynamic. Need to toggle through Drive Select, in order to get it, or just tap the shift lever down to enable it.

All else is good.

Jason
Had the exact same question!! Everybody other than me felt this was OK!! Glad to find someone who shares my view
Old 02-17-2013, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jfiluk
Interesting. The 2.0T I'd test driven a while back I had parked in a parking lot for several minutes while showing my wife around the various features and such, and when I had started it back up and I flipped the lever down to go into S, it actually went back to D (had still been in S). That could've been a special situation, though, since it wasn't off very long and the key never went out of range (the car was off, though).