Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Major I phone 5 Music-Connection Problem....

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eskayo
It may be annoying but changes in standards always involve some growing pains. You can't always have evolution and maintain backwards compatibility. The connector change was going to happen at some point, so Apple must have known there would be some blowback.

Other than the fact that they've gone with a proprietary connector (again) vs. a standardized one, the only real disappointment I have with the lightning connector is that it is still only USB2.

I hear you and agree... Just was annoyed with this whole process, to get music in my q5.....
Something that is so simple in most cars lol...
Old 10-27-2012, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dock the phone before you start the car.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eskayo
It may be annoying but changes in standards always involve some growing pains. You can't always have evolution and maintain backwards compatibility. The connector change was going to happen at some point, so Apple must have known there would be some blowback.

Other than the fact that they've gone with a proprietary connector (again) vs. a standardized one, the only real disappointment I have with the lightning connector is that it is still only USB2.
Agreed. Everyone complained when Apple came out with the original 30-pin connector for the iPod asking why did they use a proprietary cable instead of something off the shelf like firewire or USB. Customers had to either carry around their cables or buy additional ones for work, car etc. In the end people accepted it as the norm. I've felt some pain w/ the transition to Lightning. I had to buy 3 adapters costing me over $90 but in the end I'm fine w/ the investment especially since i know its in the name of progression. I for one love the fact that you can plug it in any which way.