Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Ordering a Q5 price question

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HaveBullDogWillTravel
Yikes!!!! What is your tax rate?...over $5K in taxes is WAY up there. Here in VA we pay 3%.
9.75%. I am in Los Angeles. Not sure why they don't just make it 9.99%, they're not fooling anyone with the .25% that keeps us just under double digits.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HaveBullDogWillTravel
Yikes!!!! What is your tax rate?...over $5K in taxes is WAY up there. Here in VA we pay 3%.
Here in good old Quebec, Canada we get a double whammy . First off, we are paying a lot more for the vehicle to begin with. Example: Got a quote when first looking for a Q5. It was the premium model (not talking S-Line here) with just one option, the technology package. With dealer prep and taxes the total came to $60,585 CDN. This includes Federal and Provincial taxes, which when combined come out to a tax rate of 12.875% or $6,910 CDN.

I wanna move to Virginia .
Old 03-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Old Dog
Here in good old Quebec, Canada we get a double whammy . First off, we are paying a lot more for the vehicle to begin with. Example: Got a quote when first looking for a Q5. It was the premium model (not talking S-Line here) with just one option, the technology package. With dealer prep and taxes the total came to $60,585 CDN. This includes Federal and Provincial taxes, which when combined come out to a tax rate of 12.875% or $6,910 CDN.

I wanna move to Virginia .
Yes, my price in Canada was $57,000 for the premium with B and O, tech package (side assist, etc), navigation, 19" tires. No mats or anything else included in that price. Plus 5% tax. I haven't got it yet but I think it will be well over $60,000 canadian.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I ordred mine Audi q5 with standard but upgraded to day running lights. i didnt want premium cus i think i dont need it and more options might give problem later in future (IMO). I got everything after tax, freight etc...

$50400 canadian , I think i got the best deal. STill waiting my car to be delivery here should around may 15th.

It does cost lot more in canadian compare to US .
I will save up for the 20 inch wheel( for summer) instead of 18 inch wheel with all season tire.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jocjayhay
Yes, my price in Canada was $57,000 for the premium with B and O, tech package (side assist, etc), navigation, 19" tires. No mats or anything else included in that price. Plus 5% tax. I haven't got it yet but I think it will be well over $60,000 canadian.
I'm in the same boat, mine came with a 13% (GST+PST) tax plus all the other taxes that are charged before they apply the 13% (so the 13% is charged on top of other taxes) Of course I knew all this before I even started looking but it still rubs me all kinds of the wrong way. None of this has anything to do with the dealer of course. All told had I not traded in I would have paid almost $9,000 in taxes but only ended up paying about $7,500. I ordered her fully loaded so that jacked the price up which of course jacked up the taxes.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gskarad
I have seen a couple of posts from people who have ordered Q5s. Could I ask - on average how much under MSRP do you get on your deal?
I got $2000CAD under MSRP
Old 03-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hmmmmmm..... I did the COSTCO inquiry this last weekend and went to the Audi dealer that the website recommended. All they were willing to do was $750 off of MSRP. I wonder if they were being straight with me? Of course they only have a couple on the lot and we were looking at their incoming vehicle list.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CanadianQ5Premium
I got $2000CAD under MSRP
I still have not received my Q5 and despite only getting the Audicare thrown in, I went back to the dealer for my husband's new car. He is interested in the Q7. We priced out a Q7 TDI premium with all options (except S-Line). Despite ordering my Q5 from the same dealer, they will only drop the price on the $82,000 Q7 by $1500. I think I'm going to find another dealer in Canada!
Old 03-17-2010, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ordering a Q5 price question

Originally Posted by Jocjayhay
I still have not received my Q5 and despite only getting the Audicare thrown in, I went back to the dealer for my husband's new car. He is interested in the Q7. We priced out a Q7 TDI premium with all options (except S-Line). Despite ordering my Q5 from the same dealer, they will only drop the price on the $82,000 Q7 by $1500. I think I'm going to find another dealer in Canada!
OMG… two new Q’s. QQ

I’d find another dealer as well. One would expect a better price reduction than what you were offered buying a Q5 & Q7.

Good Luck,

Envious here in Montreal .
Old 03-17-2010, 07:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Old Dog
OMG… two new Q’s. QQ

I’d find another dealer as well. One would expect a better price reduction than what you were offered buying a Q5 & Q7.

Good Luck,

Envious here in Montreal .
I'm calling Winnipeg - St James Audi...We will need to pick up the Q7 in Winnipeg as we need it when we are at our cottage in August.

I agree what a nice garage it will be with 2 Q's! That is, until my son hits a street hockey ball into the side of it!!!

Quick Reply: Ordering a Q5 price question