Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Petty problem – aftermarket wiper replacement at dealer

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
The Audi maintenance schedule calls for brake fluid change every 2 years. It is included in AudiCare. You should go over with the service advisor when making the appointment or arriving what is to be done. Maybe they did it early. Don't know from your post whether you drive low or high mileage. You should review the maintenance and AudiCare schedules.
We did go over what was to be done and the Brake flush was added after the fact. If it was out of my pocket at the time I would have been more upset. But it was part of the prepaid AudiCare and I suppose they only did it about 6 months early if 2 Years is the mark (thanks for looking that up btw).

No harm but not a fan of having work added without approval one way or the other.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MurrayA4
Wise choice refusing the "fuel system treatment ".Sorcery at best damaging at worst if you buy the "good stuff "

Damaging the pocketbook as not need or the vehicle?
Old 08-04-2017, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts

Both ! Sadly all elixirs that do nothing but lighten your wallet.
Audi knows what they're doing.Follow their recommendations. They're not out to destroy your car !
Old 08-04-2017, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shokhead
Those things are a joke as I learned with ford. Bought a new van in the 80's, sent me a yearly fill this out on how we do. Every year I gave high makes until a problem with service. That next one I got I complained. Never got another one to fill out so they always have a high rating. Joke!
I am sure the customer service for a Ford in the 80's is the same as it is for an Audi in the 201x's

Good call
Old 08-04-2017, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SJGQ5
I am sure the customer service for a Ford in the 80's is the same as it is for an Audi in the 201x's

Good call
I'm not sure it is or isn't. I'm not in the know of Audi.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by dret
We did go over what was to be done and the Brake flush was added after the fact. If it was out of my pocket at the time I would have been more upset. But it was part of the prepaid AudiCare and I suppose they only did it about 6 months early if 2 Years is the mark (thanks for looking that up btw).

No harm but not a fan of having work added without approval one way or the other.
I hear you, but you would be more upset if an item covered by AudiCare wasn't done. For the TDI engines AudiCare covers AdBlue top-offs. I was surprised that after 5,000 miles I had a low level warning. Hard to blame dealer at that point but sure tech forgot to top-off. Dealer was also 40 minutes away. I went out and bought DEF and a spout and learned how to do. Several months later the TDI fraud became public and there was no way the DEF fluid was consumed early since the vehicle didn't use that much.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bob Petruska
What aftermarket brand did they use?

Can you post a photo of them.

The only ones that I know that fit the arms are Bosch and Valeo, which are the usual suppliers of the OEM wipers.

You can get the 2 OEM blades at Amazon for $25 for the pair. With free shipping if you add some low cost $1 filler item.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Here is a picture - could be the Bosch
Old 08-15-2017, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 225 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by dret
Here is a picture - could be the Bosch
These could be Bosch aftermarket wipers, such as their, Icon, Clear Vison, etc. models. These have various adapters for the blades to fit the Q5 arms.

If you by the Bosch Aero Twin blades (my Amazon link above) they are OEM type and will fit without an adapter.