Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Quick B&O Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 06:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick B&O Question

I'm counting the days to pickup my Q5. I, of course, got the B&O as this was one of the main reasons (as silly as it sounds) for getting a new car (slight audiophile). I had a 2009 TSX with the ELS system, it sounds good when it works. But Acura went cheap on a few things and speakers blow out all the time and cause vibrations. Anyways, I digress...

On the B&O do you:
1. Have control of a full EQ or just the basics like treble, bass, mid?, and sub?
2. Has anyone used/tested the sound focus settings and do they make a difference?
3. The mic in the ceiling that adjusts the sound levels based on road noise. Does anyone find this annoying?

Thanks!
Old 12-01-2011, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. Have control of a full EQ or just the basics like treble, bass, mid?, and sub? More than basic, but not full eq
2. Has anyone used/tested the sound focus settings and do they make a difference? YES !
3. The mic in the ceiling that adjusts the sound levels based on road noise. Does anyone find this annoying? NO

4> will it sound good ? You bet ! !

but it is still a car, not a media room
Old 12-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo
1. Have control of a full EQ or just the basics like treble, bass, mid?, and sub? More than basic, but not full eq
2. Has anyone used/tested the sound focus settings and do they make a difference? YES !
3. The mic in the ceiling that adjusts the sound levels based on road noise. Does anyone find this annoying? NO

4> will it sound good ? You bet ! !

but it is still a car, not a media room

Haha - thank you! So what options does it have for the EQ?
Old 12-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

They need to implement a room correction feature a la Audessy/YPAO/MACC or what have you. That could be an amazing difference in car audio, though it would only be viable on the high end pricing wise.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Has anyone tried to install an aftermarket Additional Sub to a B&O Equipped Q5?

Like say under the back seats?
Old 12-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

To piggyback a little...has anyone ever done anything aftermarket with or without the B&O?
Old 12-02-2011, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sanchez.m
To piggyback a little...has anyone ever done anything aftermarket with or without the B&O?
With few exceptions, I would imagine that the sort of person who buys an Audi is not big on aftermarket accessories. They order the car exactly as they want it. And that’s it. Tinker with a Toyota or Honda? Yes! An Audi? Not so much.

I just went to International Auto Show last week and for the first time in many years, I left the show without car envy. There was not one car at the show I would rather have than my Audi Q5. Let me tell you, that is a very nice feeling.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

One may have an appreciation for audio quality that exceeds what audi has deemed worthy of their vehicle. I highly doubt that even the prized B&O will hold a candle to a set of focals, a corrected cabin and proper amplification.

I'm not talking about putting in some Sony xplodes and a no name amp from the swap meet.