Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Subwoofer Upgrade Project

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by sszyma
Get your flamesuit on. I yanked out the B&O. Went from 14 to five speakers and it is actually better. The B&O is crap. If it sounds good to you, you are lucky. The more i lestened to it the more I could not stand it. However B&O does use MOST bus which means you can get a very clean signal with a MoBridge.
If you are talking about the 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system is crap? You don't know car audi. Don't compare it to after market as the sky is the limit on that but compared to the best car audio systems, it's pretty dar good.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

"Do you know how to get aux level out from the subwoofer amplifier. "
Maybe I'm missing something here, but in an OEM setup? There's no reason to have any "aux" (i.e. low level) output from the subwoofer amplifier, since that amplifier is built for only one purpose: Driving a speaker. The subwoofer.

I'd be very surprised if an OEM subwoofer amp had anything besides speaker-level outputs.

Aftermarket amplifiers...anything is possible.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gurpreetbadal
Do you know how to get aux level out from the subwoofer amplifier. I have tried to reach the amplifier but cannot get it out. Currently using the same sub level out that goes to b&o sub but I feel there are missing frequencies. Any advice is helpful. Thanks.
The amplifier behind the left panel in the cargo area is not dedicated to only the subwoofer. This amplifier drives all of the speakers in the vehicle. The radio receiver is in the same space with the amplifier, not in the head unit. The receiver and the amplifier both have fiber optic connections, so it appears that the B&O system is mostly digital everywhere except the outputs from the amplifier to the speakers.

Bottom line, I don't believe there is an analog aux level signal available. Are you sure you are missing frequencies? The sub amplifier you installed would typically have an adjustment **** for the low pass filtering. If you turn it to the highest frequency setting, it should amplify the subwoofer signal with minimal additional roll off.