Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Thinking of purchasing an RSQ5 mesh front grille. Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

To simply this process, I have created a Google Sheet.... Just fill it out and I'll get it going

Click Here

As of now, it's $290. Shipping is TBD. I'm trying to get better deal if we get more people, so I'm extending this to Audizine as well.

RJ
Old 02-08-2015, 10:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Same here. Process was painless. They provided a tracking number and it was shipped promptly. Fitment was flawless. DO NOT ORDER THESE FROM AMERICAN VENDORS it is the same product from JC Sportline just marked up outrageously.

Originally Posted by Gotham
I purchased from JC Sportline before and it was painless. Actually, over on AZ we did a mass group by for our A5 and they certainly lowered the price for us.

I would be down for a group buy. I believe we needed 10 people at the minimum. Can we get 7 more??
Old 02-08-2015, 10:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

are you guys planning to buy the rs fog light grills too ?
Old 02-08-2015, 10:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Also attached are the .pdf bumper removal instructions I used for my 2011. Not sure what changes would apply if any to current MYs

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Q5 Front Bumper Removal.pdf (837.4 KB, 951 views)
Old 02-09-2015, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey guys. Great idea about the group buy. I just added myself to the google doc list. For what it's worth, Amanda told me it would be $431 shipped to New York. ($330 + $85 shipping + 4% paypal fee). But I like the $290 price better!
Old 02-09-2015, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm interested but not sure about figment for SQ5.

What needs to be done to make it fit and look oem?

Thanks
Old 02-09-2015, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

added myself to the google doc as i would love to get this grill. one caveat is, i would need the US license plate frame (like the one shown in the pic in post #1). i currently have the front plate delete and have been having a bitch of a time with getting tickets here in SF. any chance they can include a US plate mounting kit?
Old 02-09-2015, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default licence plate options

Here's an idea for the front licence plate placement. http://gominigo.com/Audi.html
Not cheap but out of mind out of site, and keeps the air flow open.

Enjoy,

P
Old 02-09-2015, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by pedser
Here's an idea for the front licence plate placement. Audi - GMG Motorsports-Home of the Original 'NO HOLES' License Plate Bracket
Not cheap but out of mind out of site, and keeps the air flow open.
i considered that, but would rather have it on the front grill. the bracket looks too obtrusive, and to make it work, you gotta yank the grill next to the right fog light off. besides, the blockage of the radiator by the front plate is minimal, imho.

i even bought both the manual and motorized versions of the no show plate, but it's impossible to install on the Q5. one guy did it, but you have to saw off some fins and install it on an angle. i wouldn't recommend that anyone try it unless you had access to custom fabricated parts.

- Hide The Plate.com
Old 02-10-2015, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by joey jojo
added myself to the google doc as i would love to get this grill. one caveat is, i would need the US license plate frame (like the one shown in the pic in post #1). i currently have the front plate delete and have been having a bitch of a time with getting tickets here in SF. any chance they can include a US plate mounting kit?
When I asked them about the US plate, they said they would offer it with that one rather than the Euro plate bracket so we should be okay.

Quick Reply: Thinking of purchasing an RSQ5 mesh front grille. Opinions?