Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

VAG-COM codes

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by abacon09
Also, I am assuming the HEX-USB+CAN (the one from your link) is the type of connector we need for the Q5. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks for the info!
Yes, that's the one you will need. You can verify by poking around the Ross-Tech site and go to application for Q5.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kleinbus
So far I haven't seen code that keeps front DRL's bright with headlights.

Though there is code to keep them bright with parklights. Default with headlights is halfdimmed.
it would be nice if it can keep the full brightness when headlights are on.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From aesthetic side probably.

From visibility and lumen standpoint front drl led is useless when xenon driving lights are on.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Has anyone been able to get their dealer to enable convenience windows up/down? I'd rather not mess with VAG-COM or anything that might possibly void my warranty. Thanks!
Old 03-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hernan1304
Has anyone been able to get their dealer to enable convenience windows up/down? I'd rather not mess with VAG-COM or anything that might possibly void my warranty. Thanks!
no dealer will do it for you becasue against the saftey regulation from what I heard.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

How would they know you messed with everything if you just put it back to normal before you take it to the dealer? I'm not aware of any "logging" feature that the dealers can use against you......
Old 03-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kleinbus
From aesthetic side probably.

From visibility and lumen standpoint front drl led is useless when xenon driving lights are on.
I only want the stay full brightness so that can match better the HID fog and 6000k bubls
Old 03-24-2010, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just Vag-Com'ed all the features mentioned in this thread. Any new ones that you've heard of recently? Also, has anyone played around with the MMI hidden menu? I only added the battery indicator function. In the last screen shot in the link below, there's a "copy/ripping" option under "import multimedia". Default was "copy/no ripping". I changed this to "copy/ripping" hoping to be able to import tracks directly from a CD to the Jukebox, but it doesn't work. Any ideas what this may be for?

http://trick77.com/2009/07/23/unlock...g-hidden-menu/
Old 03-25-2010, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Funny story but when I showed my sales guys that I can do it he asked me to do his car
Old 03-25-2010, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DrV
For any new owners that plan to do some VAG-COM "upgrades", here is a link to some helpful info about settings.

- Gauge sweep
- Lap timer (& oil temp)
- Key warning
- Economy shift suggestion
- Convenience windows
- Winking DRL

Just FYI,it seems like Audi service loves doing a reset back to default NA settings during a service, so be prepared to repeat from time to time. But its well worth it!

http://forums.quattroworld.com/q5/msgs/829.phtml
You forgot to add VIM

Quick Reply: VAG-COM codes