Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

VAG-COM codes

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TIME89
+1!thanks
Anyone wanna give a brief summary of these??
Old 02-26-2010, 06:11 AM
DrV
AudiWorld Senior Member

- Gauge sweep

Allows the spedometer and tachometer to sweep all the way back and forth during when engaging the ignition - COOL factor +1

- Lap timer (& oil temp)

Allows you to time laps on a racetrack, or the time to a destination if you want to find the quickest route for your commute. It's nice

- Key warning

For those that have convenience entry and push button start, a warning signal is given if the key fob leaves the car. Example: Your wife has her key fob in her purse, you for got yours at home thinking its in your pocket. Both of you leave together - car starts, no problem, you drop your wife off at work and continue on. The car warns you that you have no key with you, beacuse without the fob you won't be able to start it again once you switch off the ignition.

- Economy shift suggestion

When using manual shift, an indication is given when its the most economical to shift up. (I have not yet enabled this feature)

- Convenience windows

Open or close all the windows, including sunroof by pushing and holding the lock or unlock button on your key fob. Specific selections can be made in the "car" menu of the MMI

- Winking DRL

To keep the DRL on when activating the turn signal when the headlights are off. (IMO it look lame when the DRL turns off unilaterally)
Old 02-26-2010, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The economy and oil temp works only on 2010.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I remember reading somewhere that you can also adjust the LED brightness too, is it true?

Can the LED keep same brightness when headlight is on?
Old 02-26-2010, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

So far I haven't seen code that keeps front DRL's bright with headlights.

Though there is code to keep them bright with parklights. Default with headlights is halfdimmed.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Can someone please tell me where you find the software and hardware to accomplish this and how much it costs.
Thanks
Old 02-27-2010, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ross-Tech has the cable and the software, $349
Also stay away from the cheap cables/software on ebay or the like, its not worth bricking your Audi over

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/hex-usb+can.html

Last edited by yob2kanobe; 02-27-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Also stay away from the cheap cables/software on ebay or the like, its not worth bricking your Audi over

Spot on

If you can afford +40k car then you shouldn't be bitching about few hundred bucks.

Ross-Tech is the one providing support on these forums BUT WHERE IS THE cheapskates "bing-bong" cable companies support?

I got Ross-Tech and it is worth of every penny as when ever VAG service plugs in their computer, they default settings so car owner have to re-do the tricks.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kleinbus
Spot on

If you can afford +40k car then you shouldn't be bitching about few hundred bucks.

Ross-Tech is the one providing support on these forums BUT WHERE IS THE cheapskates "bing-bong" cable companies support?

I got Ross-Tech and it is worth of every penny as when ever VAG service plugs in their computer, they default settings so car owner have to re-do the tricks.
Thanks for the info. I'll probably pick one of these up after I get my tax money back.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by yob2kanobe

Also, I am assuming the HEX-USB+CAN (the one from your link) is the type of connector we need for the Q5. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: VAG-COM codes