Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Wife really liked new A7!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wife really liked new A7!

Was passing buy my local Audi dealership and I stop for few minutes to show wife new building and just check out for new Audi magazine.
Thursday, 12:30 pm, quite and cold (outside +92F). Salesman came to help as - and what he said is puzzle me. You know guys, I'm here almost 5-6 hr a day (plus a Bimmerfest take another few hrs ). This guy told me that Audi stop production of their cars and they (salesmen) has no idea when Audi resume build new cars. I never herd anything about stop production. Change model year - yes, but stop production????? All cars???? Then key phrase came out. So, we didn't know when we get new Q5, we only one in LA who has 3 in stock - so, you should not walk with me - run and put your deposit. Because, because, because - no more car coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!
On my question - do you know what is European delivery after 4-5 sec. replay no - what is it? Spend 10 min to explain - his next question - but why you need all this pain - car is right here - let's go to office and sign all papers.
Thank you - I'm done with you. Stay away from me.

On another note - show wife new A7 with all lights on and navigation open - I don't see her eyes sparkling like this for long time. She later told me - that in her list of car she Loved - A7 has #1 spot. All other cars some were below with out any numbers.
Every little thing about design and implementation - I think Audi hit a really good spot with A7.
Do to our financial situation at this moment, I don't think we will able even get close to buy new car this or next year.

I will not change my sign for now, but it will be very hard for me to convict her get Q5.

Last edited by TIME89; 06-23-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=TIME89; This guy told me that Audi stop production of their cars and they (salesmen) has no idea when Audi resume build new cars. I never herd anything about stop production. Change model year - yes, but stop production????? All cars???? Then key phrase came out. So, we didn't know when we get new Q5, we only one in LA who has 3 in stock - so, you should not walk with me - run and put your deposit. Because, because, because - no more car coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!
.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused... Trying to piece together who is saying what in the above... I'm assuming you just dealt with a really bad salesman and he was giving you the hard sell?
Old 06-23-2011, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by buckeyebill
I'm confused... Trying to piece together who is saying what in the above... I'm assuming you just dealt with a really bad salesman and he was giving you the hard sell?
buckeyebill, sorry for confusion - salesperson told me, that Audi stop production on all cars and his dealership is in low on inventories for A4, Q5and A7.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hmmm interesting... I had been looking at a X3 at the beginning of June and the sales guy from BMW calls to check in and says that he can have a car here for me in 4-5 weeks. Just need to place a deposit... Even though I haven't yet, I said, I'm good I already placed my Q5 order! No really, I can be patient...especially if its what you really want! Thanks for clarifying TIME89.

-Bill
Old 06-24-2011, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Maybe they stop production due to part shortage from Japan, another possibility is that they are retooling the production line for the 2012 models.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by The G Man
Maybe they stop production due to part shortage from Japan, another possibility is that they are retooling the production line for the 2012 models.
I was thinking that to - retooling. But this usually happen in August.
I try re-thing all info that this guy was told me - I think he just try to push his first sales on me. My wife later told me, that I knew about A7 more than salesperson, he has no clue what is European Delivery (shame on Audi for pure training), mixed few thing about car, has no idea about S package for A7.

Parts from Japan effect navigation and back up cameras. Should not effect A4, half of them sold with out navigation.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TIME89
I was thinking that to - retooling. But this usually happen in August.
I try re-thing all info that this guy was told me - I think he just try to push his first sales on me. My wife later told me, that I knew about A7 more than salesperson, he has no clue what is European Delivery (shame on Audi for pure training), mixed few thing about car, has no idea about S package for A7.

Parts from Japan effect navigation and back up cameras. Should not effect A4, half of them sold with out navigation.
Is it possible that Audi retooling is taking longer due to the Q5 hybrid and the possibility of the Q5S in 2012? Just a thought, thats all.
Audi sales people are really hit or miss, guys like us can smell a rookie sales person
I find that even with the more experience sales person, I usually still know more than they do about a certain car I am going for.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

My dealership claims that my 2012 Q5 has actually been built and is in the beginning of it transit from Ingolstadt to Guadalajara. Supposed to arrive in mid-July.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Marley's Ghost
My dealership claims that my 2012 Q5 has actually been built and is in the beginning of it transit from Ingolstadt to Guadalajara. Supposed to arrive in mid-July.
My wife got the call yesterday that while our salesguy was previously told that ours would end up being here late Aug/Early Sept now all of a sudden we are back on track for late July. Wonder if there was a stoppage that got going again much quicker than expected?
Old 06-24-2011, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by The G Man
Of course another possibility is that different models take differing amounts of time for year-end changeover. What may be trivial for one model might be a considerable change for another.

Quick Reply: Wife really liked new A7!