Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2 car seats in back of 18’ SQ5?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 car seats in back of 18’ SQ5?

Having another baby in the next couple weeks here. Looking to get some input on having 2 car seats in the back of the SQ5s. I’m 6’4”. Do I need to look at something larger?
Old 06-02-2019, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would be tight, I'm 6' and have to keep my seat up a bit for my 11 &13 year old. And my kids are short/small for their ages. you'd probably have to drive in a compromised position.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Lolgranny
Having another baby in the next couple weeks here. Looking to get some input on having 2 car seats in the back of the SQ5s. I’m 6’4”. Do I need to look at something larger?
In the "grandparents who babysit a lot" category, my friend took his 2 car seats with him when he went car shopping. It was a bit of a hassle, but he was able to get the car/car seat combo that he wanted.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by StingX71
Would be tight, I'm 6' and have to keep my seat up a bit for my 11 &13 year old. And my kids are short/small for their ages. you'd probably have to drive in a compromised position.
This is what I figured. Always some trouble being a tall guy. Lol. Why can’t they release a sq7 with some serious power.

Originally Posted by ronsal
In the "grandparents who babysit a lot" category, my friend took his 2 car seats with him when he went car shopping. It was a bit of a hassle, but he was able to get the car/car seat combo that he wanted.
Thats smart, I might do that or atleast bring one with so I can see the fit. Right now I drive a Subaru sti and talk about a tight fit. He’s not behind me, but there would be no way he could fit if he was. I’ve been thinking about just going the SRT Cherokee route, but everyone and their mother have one.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

im 5' 11in.
have 4yr old behind driver in front facing car seat. no issues.
have 1yr old behind passenger in rear facing infant seat. passenger has to be up closer to dash for rear facing to fit well. but more than enough room for wife (5'8in).

both seats are just standard Graco ones you can grab off babys r us, target, etx.

i would take a seat car shopping. or try to find a seat that is low profile /slim / etc variant.

attached pic of my 2019 SQ5, front facing seat behind driver. base is behind passenger for infant seat, but infant seat dont have pic of in my cloud.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by YOLO
im 5' 11in.
have 4yr old behind driver in front facing car seat. no issues.
have 1yr old behind passenger in rear facing infant seat. passenger has to be up closer to dash for rear facing to fit well. but more than enough room for wife (5'8in).

both seats are just standard Graco ones you can grab off babys r us, target, etx.

i would take a seat car shopping. or try to find a seat that is low profile /slim / etc variant.

attached pic of my 2019 SQ5, front facing seat behind driver. base is behind passenger for infant seat, but infant seat dont have pic of in my cloud.

His will have to be rear facing for a while. That's way more room than I have, but most my length is in my legs.