Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2018 Q5 Engine Failure

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 10:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Sydney - Australia. Been keeping the Pacific and Indian oceans apart since 1788
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

Wow, glad I have a TDI diesel motor then if the TFSI is so unreliable.
Old 10-29-2018, 10:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My bad is 4/5 means 4 or 5 cases of the whole lot! This forum seems like I’m talking to dealers lol. People are not open to entertain other people’s concern instead they wanna discard it by saying this could happen to anyone. Yes, in an ideal world, Audi is amazing. I’m not dumb to go for this car without prior research, I have full access to internet and reviews. There are a couple cases that are out in the open and I wanna leverage that information to make an informed decision.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:22 AM
TYJ
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
... This is why picking who you want to buy the vehicle from is often more important than if they gave you 5% or 6% or 8% or whatever it is.
Why? Are you stuck with only the dealer you bought your Audi from if there is a warranty repair or catastrophic malfunction that requires replacement?
Old 10-30-2018, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by TYJ

Why? Are you stuck with only the dealer you bought your Audi from if there is a warranty repair or catastrophic malfunction that requires replacement?
because by choosing the right person the first time, it avoids you having to look around for someone to efficiently help you with the issue, and avoid you having to go the route of clients reaching out to Audi directly to expedite. I assume people have better things to do when a problem arises like this than to chase down solutions themselves.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:57 PM
TYJ
AudiWorld Member

because by choosing the right person the first time, it avoids you having to look around for someone to efficiently help you with the issue, and avoid you having to go the route of clients reaching out to Audi directly to expedite. I assume people have better things to do when a problem arises like this than to chase down solutions themselves.
I get where you’re coming from, but your reply didnt answer my specific question directly. Will you please?

Also, just because one shops for “the best deal” they can negotiate doesn’t mean that deal came from a crappy dealer. I got a great deal on my Q5 from a very highly regarded Audi dealer. Win win.

Last edited by TYJ; 10-30-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by TYJ

I get where you’re coming from, but your reply didnt answer my questions directly. Will you please?

Also, just because one shops for “the best deal” they can negotiate doesn’t mean that deal came from a crappy dealer. I got a great deal on my Q5 from a very highly regarded Audi dealer. Win win.
no, you can certainly bring the car to any dealer in the country you want to

no, of course it does not...they are not mutually exclusive, but often can be. Every single person who bought a car thought it was a good deal...if they did not, they would not have made the purchase.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:03 PM
TYJ
AudiWorld Member

Ok thanks. Your previous reply made it sound like people who get great prices usually get them from sub-par dealers.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by TYJ
Ok thanks. Your previous reply made it sound like people who get great prices usually get them from sub-par dealers.
Having been on both sides of the desk, and over 31 new cars personally, there is a very strong correlation in my experience. Everyone's version of a good deal varies, because everyone's idea of value varies. Value is more than price. All depends on where an individual choose to focus the emphasis.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:21 PM
TYJ
AudiWorld Member

Every single person who bought a car thought it was a good deal...if they did not, they would not have made the purchase.
That doesn’t mean they actually GOT a good deal.

I’m not trying to pick a fight here, but I don’t agree with your statement. Many people feel stuck with the pricing offered to them by a dealer and buy simply because they want the car in that moment. Dealers often take advantage of this when they could offer better pricing. But why would they? The customer came in “hot” knowing they were going to buy and maybe don’t have multiple dealers nearby to compare other offers.

The first Audi dealer I spoke with offered me $1000 off of msrp (that’s simply insulting). The next dealer I spoke with offered 11% off msrp in less than a 4 minute conversation.

Of course, many people don’t educate themselves as to what is and what is not a good deal before they go shopping. That’s their own fault if it even matters. For some, it doesn’t.

Last edited by TYJ; 10-30-2018 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by TYJ

That doesn’t mean they actually GOT a good deal.

I’m not trying to pick a fight here, but I don’t agree with your statement. Many people feel stuck with the pricing offered to them by a dealer and buy simply because they want the car in that moment. Dealers often take advantage of this when they could offer better pricing. But why would they? The customer came in “hot” knowing they were going to buy and maybe don’t have multiple dealers nearby to compare other offers.

The first Audi dealer I spoke with offered me $1000 off of msrp (that’s simply insulting). The next dealer I spoke with offered 11% off msrp in less than a 4 minute conversation.

Of course, many people don’t educate themselves as to what is and what is not a good deal before they go shopping. That’s their own fault if it even matters. For some, it doesn’t.

not a single person is forced to buy a car, or an Audi for that matter. Yes, there are some limited markets in the country only serviced by a dealer or 2. This does not cover the mass level of buyers though. Nearly every dealer competes for a sale. Some choose to strictly do it on price, because that is all they are able to offer. I can tell you only my own anecdotal experience over the years on my own purchases. Can't recall who gave me 7 or 9%, but I absolutely remember who helped me out when I needed it. Like you said, to some people that matters, and to others, that doesn't. $1000 off MSRP may or may not be insulting to some, depends on the car, depends on the circumstances, depends on the marketplace. To me, 11% off MSRP is insulting, which is why I don't do it. Somewhere in the middle is where the majority of deals are done, that much I can promise As mentioned, for some a good deal is only defined by price. To others, price is merely a component, but not the only one. It's always interesting to ask them how they price their goods and services in their own industry though. Tends to put things into perspective a bit better for some.

As long as they are enjoying the car, and the experience they got while buying, and especially while owning, that, to me, is what makes a good deal.

Quick Reply: 2018 Q5 Engine Failure