Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2018 SQ5 Exhaust State

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KarlM1
Is anyone upset with a single exhaust on the 18 SQ5. I never got on the ground to take a look as the rear end absolutley looks like dual exhaust. I think the 2017 had dual exhaust. I don’t like the sound. I can’t believe I bought it. I hate the exhaust. Any suggestions on installing duals without voiding my warranty?
Old 02-11-2019, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

VERY NICELY DONE. More info please. This is apparently designed for the MY 2018-on SQ5, correct? Is it available stateside? Is it sold as a whole kit or can individual pieces be bought? For example...if one wanted to replace the existing OEM fake exhaust trim, could just the new rear diffuser and exhaust trim be bought? Is the system designed to work with OEM exhaust or will new mufflers be included?
Thanks
Old 02-11-2019, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HDEddie101
VERY NICELY DONE. More info please. This is apparently designed for the MY 2018-on SQ5, correct? Is it available stateside? Is it sold as a whole kit or can individual pieces be bought? For example...if one wanted to replace the existing OEM fake exhaust trim, could just the new rear diffuser and exhaust trim be bought? Is the system designed to work with OEM exhaust or will new mufflers be included?
Thanks
"MTR body kit for Audi Q5 S-line/SQ versions (non S-line versions need additional S-line arches extentions and door stripes instalations) with true exhaust (still not available for 2.0 TDI).
The kit included:
Front bumper assembly;
Rear bumper assembly;
Exhaust adapters;
Carbon fiber tips;"
https://www.facebook.com/commerce/pr...1837479580662/
The tips are integrated into the bumper, and in order to attach adapters it is necessary to cut off the ends of the original outputs of the muffler. The muffler remains original.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Alex Tomashevsky (MTR Design)
"MTR body kit for Audi Q5 S-line/SQ versions (non S-line versions need additional S-line arches extentions and door stripes instalations) with true exhaust (still not available for 2.0 TDI).
The kit included:
Front bumper assembly;
Rear bumper assembly;
Exhaust adapters;
Carbon fiber tips;"
https://www.facebook.com/commerce/pr...1837479580662/
The tips are integrated into the bumper, and in order to attach adapters it is necessary to cut off the ends of the original outputs of the muffler. The muffler remains original.

The second to the last photo shows connection to a different muffler configuration from my SQ5. As you may be aware, the current 2018-2019 SQ5 has individual rear mufflers with tips pointing downwards. I assume its just a matter of me fitting an intermediate pipe from the OEM muffler exit to the new exhaust adapter (last photo)? Or will your kit ship with a different set of exhaust adapters?
Is the rear bumper assembly and exhaust adapters available separately? Cost?
Old 02-11-2019, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HDEddie101
The second to the last photo shows connection to a different muffler configuration from my SQ5. As you may be aware, the current 2018-2019 SQ5 has individual rear mufflers with tips pointing downwards. I assume its just a matter of me fitting an intermediate pipe from the OEM muffler exit to the new exhaust adapter (last photo)? Or will your kit ship with a different set of exhaust adapters?
Is the rear bumper assembly and exhaust adapters available separately? Cost?
Exhaust adapters are not available separately, because you will not be able to use these adapters with an OEM bumper. Of course, adapters for SQ and Q5 2.0 TFSI are different. Adapter type included depends on vehicle version. About the prices you can ask a question at the business page of MTR Design

in Facebook.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 326 Likes on 254 Posts

Nice look and decent price. I think it was ABT has a kit for the Q5/SQ5 but it was $10k from the EU + shipping + paint.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Wires
Nice look and decent price. I think it was ABT has a kit for the Q5/SQ5 but it was $10k from the EU + shipping + paint.
Yes, it's true
Old 02-12-2019, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Not bad! Looks and sounds kinda nice!
Old 02-12-2019, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BrooklynSQ5
Not bad! Looks and sounds kinda nice!
I will not comment from myself, but the people who bought and the people who held this body kit in their hands are very satisfied
Old 02-12-2019, 02:39 PM
SQ5 Down Under

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally someone comes out with an decent aftermarket option to improve exhaust look on the back of the SQ5 that is well priced.

Is it just me but I think the exhaust sound better with right look?! LOL It sure adds extra points for the back end of the SQ5 overall.

Quick Reply: 2018 SQ5 Exhaust State