Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2018 SQ5 Stealth Hitch Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How quickly do they ship out the hitch? I just placed an order online.

I'll be using it primarily for a bike rack. Will there be any issues using a 4 bike rack? Worried about loading the car too much with passengers, luggage and the bikes.

Also, what class hitch would this be considered? Class 2 or Class 3?
Old 06-21-2018, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Looks great! And not need of modifying or cutting the facia like what Curt or DrawTite need. When you say the small reinforcement bar is deleted. That big bumper support still is able to install back on? That’s the part I don’t want to permanently remove when the hitch is installed.

thx!
Old 06-21-2018, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Looks great! And not need of modifying or cutting the facia like what Curt or DrawTite need. When you say the small reinforcement bar is deleted. That big bumper support still is able to install back on? That’s the part I don’t want to permanently remove when the hitch is installed.

thx!
Old 06-21-2018, 09:10 AM
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by audiohs2
How quickly do they ship out the hitch? I just placed an order online.

I'll be using it primarily for a bike rack. Will there be any issues using a 4 bike rack? Worried about loading the car too much with passengers, luggage and the bikes.

Also, what class hitch would this be considered? Class 2 or Class 3?
Our hitches ship within 2 business days from the time of order, earlier if requested. If you ordered yesterday, it should ship today or tomorrow!

As for the loading question, the tongue weight for the hitch on an SQ5/Q5 (2009-present) is 500 lbs., so a 4-bike rack should be no problem. The tow rating for the SQ5/Q5 is 5300 lbs.

Class ratings are relative to the hitch’s tongue weight capacity and towing capacity instead of the specific vehicle’s capacity. Our hitches are designed for 50% added capacity to the tongue and tow capacities of each vehicle we engineer our hitch to fit. Because our hitch’s capacities are designed to exceed the vehicle’s, we choose to list the tongue weight/towing capacities of the vehicle in our instructions manual rather than the hitch to provide safer and more useful information to our customers.

We hope you find this information helpful, and we are excited for you to receive your Stealth Hitch!

We would love to see some photos of the adventures you have ahead!
Old 06-21-2018, 09:11 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Stickypvmt

thx!
Great question. The main factory reinforcement beam (the lightweight reinforcement bar/bumper core that is bolted to the bumper core studs and supports the plastic fascia) is maintained in the 2018 SQ5/Q5 model. Earlier models of the SQ5/Q5 (2009-2017) require a different hitch than the newer 2018 model, and we replace the reinforcement beam on these models with a more structural member in the same way that Audi does with their factory hitch.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:24 AM
Former Vendor

Big thank you to aclass, skeefer, JAM2, and ewanspeirs for the kind words, helpful insights, and photos! We hope you are enjoying the Stealth Hitch and have lots of fun and safe travels ahead!
Old 06-22-2018, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthHitches
Big thank you to aclass, skeefer, JAM2, and ewanspeirs for the kind words, helpful insights, and photos! We hope you are enjoying the Stealth Hitch and have lots of fun and safe travels ahead!
Very happy with my StealthHitch.
Old 06-30-2018, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Installed the hitch today. Took about 2 hours to do. Not hard at all and I took my time making sure not to scratch or damage anything. Used a combination of the instructions that came with the hitch and the video that was posted above. Didn't bother removing the spare tire. The hitch looks super high quality. Haven't tested it with the bike rack yet but very happy so far.
Old 06-30-2018, 02:24 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by audiohs2
Installed the hitch today. Took about 2 hours to do. Not hard at all and I took my time making sure not to scratch or damage anything. Used a combination of the instructions that came with the hitch and the video that was posted above. Didn't bother removing the spare tire. The hitch looks super high quality. Haven't tested it with the bike rack yet but very happy so far.
That's great to hear. Glad you are pleased with your Stealth Hitch!!
Old 04-24-2020, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hey Aclass,

I'd appreciate the $25 discount code for the stealth hitch, if you've still got it.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2018 SQ5 Stealth Hitch Install