Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2019 SQ5 pulling right

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine had the same issue - after they performed an alignment at 2500 miles, it still veered to the right. I had the service manager drive it with me and he agreed with me - apparently there is some adjustment to the steering wheel itself. The alignment can be straight, but the wheel is off-kilter. Fixed it, at least temporarily. It's starting to veer to the right ever so slightly, depending on the road.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalMN
Mine had the same issue - after they performed an alignment at 2500 miles, it still veered to the right. I had the service manager drive it with me and he agreed with me - apparently there is some adjustment to the steering wheel itself. The alignment can be straight, but the wheel is off-kilter. Fixed it, at least temporarily. It's starting to veer to the right ever so slightly, depending on the road.
Hmmm... my Q7 Does the exact same thing too,..... Also I sometimes hear a clunk or loose click in the steering column, steering rack

Maybe thats the issue
Old 06-19-2019, 11:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SoCalMN

What kind of steering wheel adjustment
Old 06-20-2019, 01:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Road looks banked to me in video, was it straight and flat the road ?
Old 06-20-2019, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Brad H
Road looks banked to me in video, was it straight and flat the road ?
That's interstate 10 between baton rouge and Lafayette... The inside lane is graded to the left and the outside to the right.

If you watch the video really close youll notice the pull increase as it passes the center line.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by whyman
Hmmm... my Q7 Does the exact same thing too,..... Also I sometimes hear a clunk or loose click in the steering column, steering rack

Maybe thats the issue
Hate to hijack the Q5 thread but my new Q7 with 4 wheel steering pulls to the right. It’s really annoying. I’m aware of LKA and that’s not the issue at all.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sickk23
Hate to hijack the Q5 thread but my new Q7 with 4 wheel steering pulls to the right. It’s really annoying. I’m aware of LKA and that’s not the issue at all.
Same here with my 2018 S5. Dealer says it’s the road crown. Not buying it.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Like all of you.. my wife and I have driven cars for more than 20 years and have never experienced this... Ever.

An automobile on any public highway should slightly track right <1 degree... So little in fact it shouldn't be noticeable in a miles distance.

It's rather insulting to insinuate this is an imaginary problem.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Feels like a large number of Audi owners have the same issue, Did some research online, and it is most likely a loose rubber damper on the steering shaft,

But Audi service seems abysmal these days
Old 06-21-2019, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

I'm in NW NJ with lots of country roads. Road crown is BS. None of my many VAG cars have ever "pulled to the right". I would say to the dealer : Fix it!". I'll give you 3 tries, then we will talk lemon law.

Quick Reply: 2019 SQ5 pulling right