Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

ABT Sport Line SQ5

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 06:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABT Sport Line SQ5

Not sure if this was posted already: This Is The Next Best Thing To An Audi RS Q5

Love the removal of the PowerWheeles exhaust tips:
Attached Images     
Old 11-21-2017, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Someone posted the red pics in another thread discussing the faux exhaust ports, but not the silver. Looks good on the back, not sure how I feel about the front. I really wish folks would stop using that red color in renderings though. It's not available on new cars, as much as I wish it had been when I ordered.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

While I can understand everyone not loving the plastic fake exhaust, it is what it is. Does replacing it with a real fake exhaust really do anything, it’s still fake exhaust pipes. Over the top vanity, silly. Just enjoy the q and move on. Regards. Ned.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What Ned said! While not EVERYONE likes EVERY styling cue, it still is a great looking vehicle!
Old 11-22-2017, 11:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ngerstman
While I can understand everyone not loving the plastic fake exhaust, it is what it is. Does replacing it with a real fake exhaust really do anything, it’s still fake exhaust pipes. Over the top vanity, silly. Just enjoy the q and move on. Regards. Ned.
While I agree w/the functional change here may be arbitrary, it's at least much better attempt at it then the poor execution that exist now on the SQ5 - likable design or not. I'd be willing to bet if presentation of the current fake tips were of a better design, or event the elimination of them all together - such as a vertical slit in the valance for "air flow"; would be much more universally accepted. Unfortunately, what you have here is not just fake tips, but a cheep cost-cutting representation of the real thing. But, that can be said for a # of items on the 2018 unfortunately. The std Q5 setup is a moot point...

Hopefully Audi is listening as they are known to do so more-so then most.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by UHackenberg
While I agree w/the functional change here may be arbitrary, it's at least much better attempt at it then the poor execution that exist now on the SQ5 - likable design or not. I'd be willing to bet if presentation of the current fake tips were of a better design, or event the elimination of them all together - such as a vertical slit in the valance for "air flow"; would be much more universally accepted. Unfortunately, what you have here is not just fake tips, but a cheep cost-cutting representation of the real thing. But, that can be said for a # of items on the 2018 unfortunately. The std Q5 setup is a moot point...

Can’t disagree with anything you said but I knew of the decorative plastic supremo exhaust tips when I purchased the sq over the Macan and the glc43. And while all vehicles are built to a price point, you always wonder why they just didn’t spend an extra $200 to get rid of any hint of cheapness. Definitely would have preferred nothing to the fakes, but it really doesn’t bother me much at all, don’t ever think about it unless I’m obsessing with my fellow forum crazies! Regards. Ned.
Old 11-23-2017, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

If you at the various things that Audi (VW) has done, it's pretty obvious they are making customers help pay for Dieselgate expenses. No more supplier or Audi Club discounts, no more SiriusXM traffic, loyalty disounts reduced, and others.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by leolarry
If you at the various things that Audi (VW) has done, it's pretty obvious they are making customers help pay for Dieselgate expenses. No more supplier or Audi Club discounts, no more SiriusXM traffic, loyalty disounts reduced, and others.
It definitely shows in the new q5/sq5. I've said in a previous post, this the 1st new gen Audi in the last 10 yrs that feels and looks cheaper then the model it replaces. Previous new gens were a clear step up not only in content but over quality and attention to detail.

https://www.motoring.com.au/audi-hit...d-cuts-104262/
Old 11-24-2017, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

It definitely shows in the new q5/sq5. I've said in a previous post, this the 1st new gen Audi in the last 10 yrs that feels and looks cheaper then the model it replaces. Previous new gens were a clear step up not only in content but over quality and attention to detail.

https://www.motoring.com.au/audi-hit...d-cuts-104262/
My sq is my first q. Not sure why you think that it is not an overall better vehicle, other than a few detail issues I might have done differently I think it’s a pretty good suv, interior design, fit and finish, performance, technology. I really like the interior, nice design, good materials, maybe other than the seat leg extensions which seem flimsy. Most reviews I’ve seen as well as comments on this forum seem to think it’s much better overall. Regards. Ned.