Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Any recommendation on Cleaning products

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 08:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any recommendation on Cleaning products

Hi guys. Wanted to know what kind of cleaning products people used on their audi's. Don't want to spend on getting it detailed. But don't want to buy cheap Walmart stuff either. Bought it brand new so definitely want to keep it looking new. So any suggestions on brands of soap, wax, or sprays,
Old 06-25-2017, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

I love the Adam's line of products, but we do have a local dealer here who stocks the line. Adam's stuff is easy to use with great results. He also has videos on his site on how to use each product and a forum like this one where users get to post their tips and experiences. He also gives you a money back guarantee if you don't like it.

His site is Adam's Polishes | Premium Car Care Supplies but if there is a dealer local to you that makes it a lot easier to get stuff quickly.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

You'll be getting tons of recommendations based on the multiple products out there for car care. In my case. right after I purchased my 2017 Q5 I did a very thorough wash with Sonax Gloss Shampoo Concentrate, clayed the entire car and then applied Sonax Polymer Net Shield.

Last edited by auntrout; 06-25-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:52 PM
FPF
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default My 2 cents

For a generally available product, I think McGuires Ultimate products are very good. The wax is fairly easy to apply, looks good and holds up. I recently did the full clay bar, polish and wax treatment to my wife's A4 and it looks quite nice.
For a more exclusive product, I like Zaino. I think it's mail order only. Ive tired most of their products. Very good as well.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I used McGuiers and Zaino years ago for my A5. They were great, BUT I'm a low maintenance guy. So am already planning on doing XPel clear bra on the whole front and the cover the entire car with OptiCoat Ceramic Clear Bra including the wheels.

After this cleaning is honestly nothing more than just a simple rinse. Use a mild soap as needed of course.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've always used Zymol products on the outside, Lexol leather products on the inside. That's 'ol.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by FPF
For a generally available product, I think McGuires Ultimate products are very good. The wax is fairly easy to apply, looks good and holds up. I recently did the full clay bar, polish and wax treatment to my wife's A4 and it looks quite nice.
For a more exclusive product, I like Zaino. I think it's mail order only. Ive tired most of their products. Very good as well.

This^^^

I just bought a bunch of Meguiar's Detailer products (which are their professional series). They are highly concentrated and you you mix with a 1:4, 1:6, or up to 1:10 ratio with water.

My regiment for car washing is as followed.

1 - Soak car with washer pressure and foam cannon (I use Chemical Guys soap) and let it soak for 3-5 minutes.
2 - Rinse car with washer pressure
3 - Soak car again with foam cannon and wash with 2 buckets method
4 - Rinse car with washer pressure and dry with microfiber towels. Use leaf blower to dry hard to reach crevices such as door seams, grills, etc.
5 - Apply waxing products with spray bottle and wipe with microfiber towels. This last step is really optional, and I do it when I have time or feel like getting a good shine to the car.
6 - Vacuum the interior, wipe down car seats, and clean windows

Once or twice a year, I also clay the car.

Yeah, this is quite tedious work and I can spend up to 2-3 hours per car. I do this once every 2 weeks or so during the spring, summer, and fall seasons.

During the winter, I just run the car through a touch-less car wash every 2 weeks to get rid of all those dirt and salt off of the car.

Those claiming they wash the car in under 15 minutes is a joke, no pun intended but you're not washing a car with that kind of time. May you soak and rinse it, but definitely not a thorough wash and clean that your premium car deserves.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,246 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by thehaviet
This^^^

I just bought a bunch of Meguiar's Detailer products (which are their professional series). They are highly concentrated and you you mix with a 1:4, 1:6, or up to 1:10 ratio with water.

My regiment for car washing is as followed.

1 - Soak car with washer pressure and foam cannon (I use Chemical Guys soap) and let it soak for 3-5 minutes.
2 - Rinse car with washer pressure
3 - Soak car again with foam cannon and wash with 2 buckets method
4 - Rinse car with washer pressure and dry with microfiber towels. Use leaf blower to dry hard to reach crevices such as door seams, grills, etc.
5 - Apply waxing products with spray bottle and wipe with microfiber towels. This last step is really optional, and I do it when I have time or feel like getting a good shine to the car.
6 - Vacuum the interior, wipe down car seats, and clean windows

Once or twice a year, I also clay the car.

Yeah, this is quite tedious work and I can spend up to 2-3 hours per car. I do this once every 2 weeks or so during the spring, summer, and fall seasons.

During the winter, I just run the car through a touch-less car wash every 2 weeks to get rid of all those dirt and salt off of the car.

Those claiming they wash the car in under 15 minutes is a joke, no pun intended but you're not washing a car with that kind of time. May you soak and rinse it, but definitely not a thorough wash and clean that your premium car deserves.

Hope that helps.
Nice write up, indeed this is how to care for a nice car!
Old 06-29-2017, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by synergize
Nice write up, indeed this is how to care for a nice car!

And of course, I forgot to mention.

Right after you spent your morning washing/cleaning/detailing your car, you went to take a break and some birds decided they want to take a poop on your shiny car. Lol