Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Anyone have issues with power windows?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 389 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Mazinger
Your car is still under warranty, they must fix it.
I love your optimism The last thing the service manager said was if it does it again, come back (3 1/2 hours) for another reset. Which is not a fix. If there is no TSB, my understanding is that Audi Service will just give this standard "this reset is the prescribed service" shpiel and send me home.

I'm wondering really how to get my VIN included in a TSB or how to get service to do something (regulator swap? Software update?) anyway which currently they say they won't.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Vanfelt
hate to switch gears but i am looking at a 19 Q5 PP. Feedback between the comfort and sport (ventilated) seats? Thanks
This thread is about issues with power windows.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by spindlewood
After taking mine in to have the regulators replaced, I was told the VIN didnt match the TSB. They only "reset" the window.
As I posted above, my VIN did not match the TSB for the regulator replacement either. But they applied a software update, which fixed the issue. I don't think it was just a "reset". Have them dig deeper for the software update to be applied. I was just as happy to not have "work" done on my car by replacing the regulators.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jeffrey r
As I posted above, my VIN did not match the TSB for the regulator replacement either. But they applied a software update, which fixed the issue. I don't think it was just a "reset". Have them dig deeper for the software update to be applied. I was just as happy to not have "work" done on my car by replacing the regulators.
Just got a call from service with acknowledgement of TSB 2050362/3 (same one as mentioned in a previous post) for this issue. I guess some service departments dig deeper or are willing to stretch a TSB. Wish they would have figured this out while I was there. Now I have to wait until life takes me in their direction again as this fix is not a reason to travel that far on it's own. But happy knowing it will be fixed... like the top view camera which finally works.

By the way, what is a "Brand Manager" anyway? He's the one who got this rolling.I presume there is also a GM. When I asked for the GM, I was directed to the "Brand Manager".

He got the "Service Director" involved. Is the "Service Director" different from a Service Manager? I'm trying to understand their hierarchy.
Old 06-18-2019, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by spindlewood
Just got a call from service with acknowledgement of TSB 2050362/3 (same one as mentioned in a previous post) for this issue. I guess some service departments dig deeper or are willing to stretch a TSB. Wish they would have figured this out while I was there. Now I have to wait until life takes me in their direction again as this fix is not a reason to travel that far on it's own. But happy knowing it will be fixed... like the top view camera which finally works.

By the way, what is a "Brand Manager" anyway? He's the one who got this rolling.I presume there is also a GM. When I asked for the GM, I was directed to the "Brand Manager".

He got the "Service Director" involved. Is the "Service Director" different from a Service Manager? I'm trying to understand their hierarchy.
This may be a silly question - is this something that can be done with the proper instructions using your OBD II? I don't have one or know it's limitations.
And as far as who's who in today's bureaucracy, welcome to the World of Dilbert --- LOL
Old 06-18-2019, 08:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ronsal
This may be a silly question - is this something that can be done with the proper instructions using your OBD II? I don't have one or know it's limitations.
And as far as who's who in today's bureaucracy, welcome to the World of Dilbert --- LOL
The service tech said the fix is to the Driver side control module. Based on this, I'd say there is a good chance it can be done with OBDEleven. If someone who has the fix applied sends me an MMI dump via the OBDEleven backup procedure, I could compare against mine and see what changes have been made.

Loved your World of Dilbert analogy.

Last edited by spindlewood; 06-18-2019 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-22-2019, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was having trouble with my windows rolling down when trying to put them up since I first picked up my car from the dealership. Brought it in for the first service last week and they reprogrammed the pinch protection sensor.

Went a whole week using them and the windows seem to be fixed. I'm happy that they didn't attempt to replace the window regulators as I'm a little wary of them taking the door cards off.
Old 06-29-2019, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Add another failed regulator to the list. Rear passenger window rolls completely down and will not respond to the up control from the drivers or passenger door switch. Of course the dealer wanted me to try the reset of the pinch protection system but this failed. Now waiting for a replacement part to arrive.

Audi knows they have a problem and should stock these parts with their dealers. Of course I needed to bring the car in for inspection so my dealer could order the parts which is a waste of time. What should have been one trip is now going yo be two. They have a problem with their power windows,not sure what they did when they changed out my drivers door control panel. I’m planning on keeping all copies of these services regarding the power windows should a problem occur after warranty expires.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had my car with the windows fixed today. Instead of updated the software, they replaced both of front window regulators (Note: I am from Canada)

I asked a couple of time regarding the the windows fix was updating the software as we discussed / confirmed here.

The service advisor said there was no software update.

I will keep monitoring the windows and see whether the problem is completely fixed.
The following users liked this post:
notmac1 (07-02-2019)
Old 07-03-2019, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Koolio
On my SQ5, if I have a window that’s partially down (e.g., open 50%) and I hit the button to close the window via the auto-close button (clicking to the second decent), the window will fully open / go down instead of up / close. I can’t reproduce it but it’s happened at 4-5 times on all windows. And it’s def random and not consistent.

Anyone else have have this issue?
There is a recall on some part of the window mechanism. My 2018 Q5 drivers side went down and would not come back up. It started making a grinding noise a couple of times before it broke.

Quick Reply: Anyone have issues with power windows?