Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Anyone have issues with power windows?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 03:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also had crunching sound on driver side window at last few inches of closing that resulted in cracked window which was replaced.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

This has been happening to me more times than I'd like. I've been thinking about taking it in to dealer to address.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My front drivers side window mechanics totally detonated on my 2018 SQ5. Started with the crunching, then a couple pops and then the window dropped. Fortunately only slight damage to the tint. I was able to pull the seal back and grab the window and lift it up. It stayed up for a few days till I was able to get into dealer. They fixed it but it doesn't sound as smooth and quiet as the others. I cycle it every day to see if its going to fail.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by s0nginmyheart
This has been happening to me more times than I'd like. I've been thinking about taking it in to dealer to address.
I took mine to dealer. They disassembled the door but could not find anything. Although I have noticed they have put some thick grease on window tracks.
Old 06-09-2018, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

And I thought it was me!
I have no idea what's up with my windows. I like to leave a small crack in the windows while I'm at work and sometimes I get so frustrated trying to make it happen that I just say "fork it!" and leave them up.
It's almost like the computer has no idea what the button is asking.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Dealer replacing drivers window mechanism.

I had the same buggy issues until the driver’s door window internal mechansim finally broke inside the door. Now the window won’t roll down or up.
The Service rep at my dealer said that they have had multiple 2018 q5s come in with the side windows internals broken. My car is less than a year old. Phooey!

Old 07-20-2018, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Sydney - Australia. Been keeping the Pacific and Indian oceans apart since 1788
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Lbrook
I had the same buggy issues until the driver’s door window internal mechansim finally broke inside the door. Now the window won’t roll down or up.
The Service rep at my dealer said that they have had multiple 2018 q5s come in with the side windows internals broken. My car is less than a year old. Phooey!

If you can try and get the old mechanism back, or try and find out the original part number. Then ask for confirmation of what they replaced the part with.
If you do that then it will help us out there the see if any improvement has been developed or if they just swapped the same part over.
Old 09-22-2018, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Found a reference to a tsb for this issue

https://www.truedelta.com/Audi-Q5-tsbs-874,2018

TSB #A641851 2050362_

NHTSA ID #10133304

Anybody had an update performed?
Old 10-02-2018, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yesterday when I came back of taking my kid to school my window did not came up, a Clank Sound was heard and couldn't close it again so I took it to the dealer and they told me is a known and common issue in all the new Q5 and SQ5's, as it is very common they had the window engine (motor) available and changed it in warranty (of course...) and I will pick it up tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

So if having trouble just keep in mind is a common problem in the driver left window (Left wheel driving)
Old 12-03-2018, 12:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

im having the same problem...did either service bulletin fix the problem?.....if so what bulletin and what was the fix?

i ask what bulletin because while just doing some online research and i came across this.....it has a more recent date and different t i.d. numbers then the one posted above.
since its been 6 to 7 months since the release of these bulletins and 2 months since the last past here on this subject ,im hoping this has been figured out by now.

ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: SOFTWARE

• TSB #A641855 2050362-

NHTSA ID #10144606

Summary: This bulletin contains a software update for when attempting to close a window using the window switch, the window opens (reverses direction) instead of closing.

Quick Reply: Anyone have issues with power windows?