Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Car sounds like a cat

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2023, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Car sounds like a cat

Funny story. Wife calls me and tells me the car sounds like it’s meowing. I’m like no way a cat is in there. Plus, she’d been driving and the underside is mostly covered. I’m out of town, so tell her to select off-road and try and look under there and then to the engine bay….nothing. Now I’m thinking what weird Audi stuff is going on where it sounds like a cat on shut down. A few hours and two nice cops later, a panel is removed and a cat is pulled out. Better than squirrels I guess.
The following 3 users liked this post by Bxr1200:
Moffacake (01-07-2023), rennen-affe (01-08-2023), Terrible_One (01-09-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you keep the cat?

We did, poor thing was fine but so scared. She was a heck of a good cat too.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rgconner:
GeriatricSQ5Guy (01-08-2023), Terrible_One (01-09-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Rgconner
Did you keep the cat?

We did, poor thing was fine but so scared. She was a heck of a good cat too.
I doubt we will. We’ve a got a 95lb sheep dog and Javanese. Not sure how well that would go. If we did, we’d have to call it Audi. We’ll see. Somehow I don’t think I’ll have much say in this.

Last edited by Bxr1200; 01-08-2023 at 07:16 AM.
Old 01-08-2023, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bxr1200
I doubt we will. We’ve a got a 95lb sheep dog and Javanese. .
I find big dogs, especially sheep dogs and similar look at all small creatures as something to be taken care of, especially if the cat is still not an adult.

But you never know until you introduce them.
Old 01-08-2023, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

I doubt we will. We’ve a got a 95lb sheep dog and Javanese. Not sure how well that would go. If we did, we’d have to call it Audi. We’ll see. Somehow I don’t think I’ll have much say in this.
Keep the cat.
Old 01-08-2023, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,247 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by GeriatricSQ5Guy
Keep the cat.
I would and it's new name would be "Audi."
The following 2 users liked this post by synergize:
GeriatricSQ5Guy (01-08-2023), RCPrato (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Great story! Similar thing happened with my wife's RX350. We saw a kitten run under the car early one morning before work following by non stop meowing from somewhere inside the body panels. We spent an hour tapping on the car, trying to get the cat out and eventually i resorted to using a leaf blower to try to scare the cat out The meowing stopped so I assumed it worked... she drove 30 mins on the interstate to work and came out 10 hours later to find the cat sitting on her tire waiting for a ride home. We kept her, and of course named her Chassis.
Old 01-09-2023, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jonathan Clayton
Great story! Similar thing happened with my wife's RX350. We saw a kitten run under the car early one morning before work following by non stop meowing from somewhere inside the body panels. We spent an hour tapping on the car, trying to get the cat out and eventually i resorted to using a leaf blower to try to scare the cat out The meowing stopped so I assumed it worked... she drove 30 mins on the interstate to work and came out 10 hours later to find the cat sitting on her tire waiting for a ride home. We kept her, and of course named her Chassis.
I just wanted to share an Audi experience that wasn’t engines exploding or B&O systems sounding like sand hitting the windshield(both of which I’ve experienced).

I’m still out of town, but talking to the wife, she didn’t want the cat going to a shelter as that could spell its end. She went social media crazy and found a friend who’s taking the cat. In the meantime we have a comfy, safe place to hang out. Good cat, but two pets is enough for now.

when I get home I’ll make sure the cops put the car back together correctly. Still amazed these officers took the time to do this.
Old 01-09-2023, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

I just wanted to share an Audi experience that wasn’t engines exploding or B&O systems sounding like sand hitting the windshield(both of which I’ve experienced).

I’m still out of town, but talking to the wife, she didn’t want the cat going to a shelter as that could spell its end. She went social media crazy and found a friend who’s taking the cat. In the meantime we have a comfy, safe place to hang out. Good cat, but two pets is enough for now.

when I get home I’ll make sure the cops put the car back together correctly. Still amazed these officers took the time to do this.
Good that there was a happy ending, for both you and your wife, and the cat.
Old 01-10-2023, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Proof Audi's are the cat's meow.

Quick Reply: Car sounds like a cat