Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

German Q5/SQ5

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just recieved my email that production is complete. The email subject line says "Your Audi SQ5 is leaving Germany soon". I realize this is completely incorrect but I cant believe they still send that stuff out. Tons of people will not realize they are being made in Germany. Smells like a lawsuit eventually.

Seems like this would be a good email for Audi to tout their "brand new state of the art production facility in mexico" or something like that.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spijun
For EU market and rest of world Q5 / SQ5 is produced in Mexico
Anyone contemplating a European Drive Q5/SQ5 here in the US better be careful with their non-refundable airline tickets, if there is another or more on-going production delays down in San Jose Chiapa's!
Old 07-04-2017, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Cabal_san
Anyone contemplating a European Drive Q5/SQ5 here in the US better be careful with their non-refundable airline tickets, if there is another or more on-going production delays down in San Jose Chiapa's!
The Q5/SQ5 is not eligible for European delivery.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Good to know! Great to have SPs on here!!

What I found must have been expired, as its from March of 2016...

https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...AQ-3.14.16.pdf
Old 07-06-2017, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kanack49
Just recieved my email that production is complete. The email subject line says "Your Audi SQ5 is leaving Germany soon". I realize this is completely incorrect but I cant believe they still send that stuff out. Tons of people will not realize they are being made in Germany. Smells like a lawsuit eventually.

Seems like this would be a good email for Audi to tout their "brand new state of the art production facility in mexico" or something like that.

I am sure that many general public Q5/SQ5 shoppers out there don't know that they are now being made in Mexico. Well, unless you're keeping up with the auto news or a member of these forums.

Are salesman being 100% transparent with prospective buyers and let them know them know up front.

"Hey Mr. Smith...look at this brand spanking newly redesign Q5, and btw it's built in Mexico"

I don't think you want to go out there and market your $50k German car is being made in Mexico. I bet that's not going to attract a lot of prospects to your products.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kanack49
Here is a video featuring the Q5 Production Assembly plant in Mexico. When the Q5 was launched in North America and world wide, Audi brought in a lot of automotive press people to show them the production assembly plant and release this video.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't believe people are still complaining about where their German car was built. Seriously, what difference does it make? German design + German robots = German car.

BMW takes pride in the SUVs built in Spartanburg, SC... that plant makes them tons of money. It's even featured on the front page of their website.

I'm so sick and tired (and offended) at the Mexican hate in the USA. I thought this was an artifact of the VWvortex forums where young 20 somethings were getting their first "German" car and ticked off that their Golf was built in Brazil. I expected more from this forum. Ugh. Grow up people.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems that you might be the one that need to 'grow up'.

This is not a Mexican hate, you're the one that actually make such unfounded accusation.

This apply to any products made in any country (Mexico, China, Pakistan, etc.)

There's a certain prestige and luxury that comes with cars being designed, engineered, built, and assembled in Germany. That's why people are willing to pay a bigger premium for it. Now, are those luxury and prestige justified? That's for another day/discussion.

Why do you think people are willing to pay 5x-10x for designer shoes, hand bags, watches that are made in Italy, Switzerland, France, etc.

Do you think those people would pay that premium if those items were made in Chinese factories by Chinese laborers? Heck no. Those Chinese made products come at much cheaper prices.

Now, if a consumer is fully aware of the origin of a certain product and still decide to purchase it, that's perfectly fine.

But if they are under the impression that a product was made in Germany, then when they show up to pick up their cars and found out it was made in Mexico, Brazil, China, or whatever places; do you think such a consumer is fully satisfied?
Old 07-21-2017, 08:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If those Mexicans are as conscientious in Mexico, as they are in the US, these should be excellent cars.