Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Issues setting up myAudi on my Q5

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Issues setting up myAudi on my Q5

OK I'm getting very frustrated with setting up my myAudi app on my iPhone.

I've gone through setting everything in the MMI. I inputted my username and my 10 digit code from my keychain I got when I picked up my car.
I received the email telling me that I am the key user now.
I thought we were on our way to trying this thing out.

The only problem is that I have this message on my myAudi app that says "The Audi connect infotainment services are not yet connected to the vehicle. Please enter the 8 digit PIN in the vehicle MMI" and below that message is the 8 digit PIN.

I cannot for the life of me find where this PIN goes so I'm stuck.
I've tried using the lock/unlock feature in the app and I just get an error message.

Has anyone else come across this situation and figured it out or have a suggestion on where to enter the PIN?
Old 01-04-2019, 05:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fought with mine a couple days ago and finally had to get the dealer to authorize and call Audi to correct the basic account information. Anyway, if I remember correctly, here's where I entered the pin:

Audi Connect > left drawer > entertainment > right drawer > log on then scroll down to use pin

I'm sure there's logic to the setup but I found it a bit obtuse...
Old 01-05-2019, 12:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You need to register (open an account using email address and password) with the Audi Connect Server in the US. You are then able to link to it from your vehicle in the MMI using that email address and password OR the 8 digit PIN number sent to you. You should download and install the myAudi app red app for completeness and login to it using your email address and password.
If this does not work for you then you will have to get the assistance of your dealer.

Last edited by Peter John; 01-05-2019 at 12:20 AM.
Old 01-05-2019, 01:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NavSQ
I fought with mine a couple days ago and finally had to get the dealer to authorize and call Audi to correct the basic account information. Anyway, if I remember correctly, here's where I entered the pin:

Audi Connect > left drawer > entertainment > right drawer > log on then scroll down to use pin

I'm sure there's logic to the setup but I found it a bit obtuse...
Thanks. I'll have a look in the MMI again using the information you've provided.
Considering how smoothly this is going I'd have to agree with you on how much of a PITA this whole process is.
Old 01-05-2019, 02:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Peter John
You need to register (open an account using email address and password) with the Audi Connect Server in the US. You are then able to link to it from your vehicle in the MMI using that email address and password OR the 8 digit PIN number sent to you. You should download and install the myAudi app red app for completeness and login to it using your email address and password.
If this does not work for you then you will have to get the assistance of your dealer.
Thanks @Peter John
I've been through the process of creating an account and registering with Audi on my laptop.
I've logged into the MMI using my log in credentials and the code on the keychain I was given with the vehicle.
I've downloaded and logged into the Red myAudi app.

The only thing that I haven't tried is logging in to the MMI with just the PIN that I have on the myAudi app. I don't or didn't know if you can do that.
I did notice a spot to put the PIN when I was logging in initially but now that I've logged in with my user name and the code you get with the vehicle on the keychain, I don't have the option of entering in any other information.
I'll try logging in with just the PIN off of the app next.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you need to obtain advice from someone who uses a iPhone or from your dealer. I cannot help because I am using an android (Samsung S7) and do not get error messages. Sorry.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

^ Jonny - FYI - When I took delivery of my '18 Q5 in June 2017 I initially got the whole myAudi/Audi Connect thing in motion by using the dealer verification process.
After the dealer did their verification side of things I received the following email message from Audi:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Breeze,
You have completed the verification process successfully. You have completed a key user agreement and can now make yourself the key user for your vehicles.
To become the key user for your vehicle, you must enter your myAudi user name and the vehicle code in the MMI. The code provides proof of ownership and enables the use of vehicle safety services.

1. Scratch to reveal the 10-digit vehicle code
You can find the vehicle code under an opaque security laminate on the key chain you received with your keys when your vehicle was delivered.

2. Enter the vehicle code with your myAudi username in the Multi Media Interface (MMI) next to the steering wheel under the menu option:
- Audi connect
- Audi connect User Management
- Key user
- Define key user

Have fun using myAudi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope the above is of some help. If you still experience problems I suggest you get with your sales guy at the dealership to get it sorted.
Good luck and congrats on getting your new 2019 Q5 Technik!

- Richard

Last edited by rbreeze; 01-05-2019 at 06:58 AM.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

JonnyR, as you are finding, it is a generally ridiculous system to set up. I got mine working with some trial and error of entering a ton of different PIN numbers in a ton of different places. All of that for 6 months of Google Earth maps and wifi in the car. Both gone for me by now, and I am doing just fine.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 326 Likes on 254 Posts

myAudi has to be the worst design and engineered system known to man. If you don't projectile swear and get frustrated trying to configure it, then you're doing it wrong. I honestly cannot believe that they would even launch it the way it currently is setup/configured. It takes 1 person 1 attempt to realize the thing is just screwed, isn't intuitive, and doesn't typically work the first time.

Couple tips:
1) Even though the car claims it fails to connect to server to add/remove key users, it probably still has (check the myAudi website to confirm).
2) I believe the 8-digit pin is for the infotainment (your 2019 should have that?). My 2018 does not, yet the web portal keeps telling me my car isn't linked, and there is no way that I could ever complete this task (took a week of back and forth with the dealer, then to Audi Canada and then to Audi Germany). When I tried to enter it, it claims the server is unavailable since the functionality isn't applicable to my car.
3) Once you've logged in with your user/password, you no longer get any menu that allows you to enter a PIN. With the newly updated myAudi website, if you delete the key user from the car (the process you need to do to re-login in), the web portal will tell you that you need to contact your dealer to get a key user added again (another sighhhhh… moment). You don't need to, you can just log in through the MMI again to add the user back.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Peter John
Sounds like you need to obtain advice from someone who uses a iPhone or from your dealer. I cannot help because I am using an android (Samsung S7) and do not get error messages. Sorry.
Yes, it's starting to sound more and more like that's what I'll end up doing.
I've been emailing the dealer back and forth and they are checking with Audi HO to see if there is something we are missing.

Quick Reply: Issues setting up myAudi on my Q5