Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

New to Forum / New SQ5 ordered

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by A4w

based on their insistence to get the car off the road - I agree with you completely. I will let everyone know if / when I hear more..
thanks!
Old 06-11-2018, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too would like my brakes working properly and no potential issues.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I wonder if this is what's holding up my SQ5 that has been "held at port" for almost three weeks.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

So I asked my dealer and this is what I heard from them.
"Your Q5 was headed to the European port as of last week to be loaded on a ship. They are double checking vehicles at the port for the recalls, but it is only a handful of vehicles affected by this recall. It is just slowing the process down a little."

Why would it be headed to europe? makes no sense to me.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nikv
"Your Q5 was headed to the European port as of last week to be loaded on a ship. They are double checking vehicles at the port for the recalls, but it is only a handful of vehicles affected by this recall. It is just slowing the process down a little."

I was think about the same things, at first when I read that I thought u live on Europe.

Unless the the dealer does not know anything and this is a general answer to give?
Old 06-11-2018, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I took delivery of my 2018 SQ5 on May 22nd, and dropped it back off to the dealer on June 2nd after receiving the recall phone call from Audi USA. I have been checking my VIN for updated on the recall using this site (again, I am in the USA): https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

Here is the current information when I check my VIN:
Jun 01,2018
Manufacturer Recall Number: 47O1
NHTSA Recall Number: Awaiting#
Recall Status:Recall Incomplete, remedy not yet available
Summary: Gas bubbles may form in the brake system due to insufficient chrome coating of the brake caliper pistons. Braking performance may be reduced which can increase the risk of a crash.
Safety Risk: Braking performance may be reduced which can increase the risk of a crash.
Remedy: To be determined.

I emailed the Audi USA rep that called me originally and told me to get my car to the local dealer, and in her email back to me today "I am still awaiting an update on the parts availability. I know they are on high alert to get the parts reviewed and shipped ASAP. I have heard through the pipeline I should have an update by weeks end (but I do not want to count on that). However, the moment the information comes through to me, I will be on the phone to you."
Old 06-12-2018, 12:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

@Nikv It does sound like a standard response, and that's more info than I am getting, although it's odd with you being in the US. My UK dealer is telling me there is just a back log of cars waiting to be shipped, but, from what your dealer is telling you, it sounds like there is more to it than that. My vehicle is stuck at the port in Germany which is a stop on the route from Mexico to the UK. It has been there for more than 3 weeks, while normally, it's no more than a couple of days.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mphio
I took delivery of my 2018 SQ5 on May 22nd, and dropped it back off to the dealer on June 2nd after receiving the recall phone call from Audi USA. I have been checking my VIN for updated on the recall using this site (again, I am in the USA): https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

Here is the current information when I check my VIN:
Jun 01,2018
Manufacturer Recall Number: 47O1
NHTSA Recall Number: Awaiting#
Recall Status:Recall Incomplete, remedy not yet available
Summary: Gas bubbles may form in the brake system due to insufficient chrome coating of the brake caliper pistons. Braking performance may be reduced which can increase the risk of a crash.
Safety Risk: Braking performance may be reduced which can increase the risk of a crash.
Remedy: To be determined.

I emailed the Audi USA rep that called me originally and told me to get my car to the local dealer, and in her email back to me today "I am still awaiting an update on the parts availability. I know they are on high alert to get the parts reviewed and shipped ASAP. I have heard through the pipeline I should have an update by weeks end (but I do not want to count on that). However, the moment the information comes through to me, I will be on the phone to you."
Thank you for sharing this. Keep us posted on what AudiUSA comes back with. While I'm disappointed that there is a delay on delivery, better safe than sorry...
Old 06-13-2018, 04:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To a European port? Perhaps because it's European made?
Old 06-13-2018, 05:45 PM
A4w
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ltxi
To a European port? Perhaps because it's European made?
my dealer said the same thing, they are so used to all the rest of the cars coming from Europe they forget, I believe only the q5 comes from Mexico... at least that’s what they said when I queried it myself..

Quick Reply: New to Forum / New SQ5 ordered