Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

OBDeleven - what MKII SQ5/Q5 changes have you made?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshua (wishbone)
Does anyone know if OBDEleven can adjust the suspension leveling calibration for the air system cars? I know that VAG-COM use to be able to do this for the older audis and it would be a pretty killer feature to be able to adjust ride height from this app.
From what I've read in the various forums, etc. the OBDeleven can do virtually anything the VAG-COM can do. Based on my experience so far I have no reason at all to doubt that claim.
I like that the PRO app version saves all your changes (history) to your account on the OBD "cloud", so if you ever want to revert anything back to original configuration, you only need to visit "History" in the app and view and then restore all the original coding and/or adaptation settings back to factory original.

Last edited by rbreeze; 11-14-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rbreeze
From what I've read in the various forums, etc. the OBDeleven can do virtually anything the VAG-COM can do. Based on my experience so far I have no reason at all to doubt that claim.
I like that the PRO app version saves all your changes (history) to your account on the OBD "cloud", so if you ever want to revert anything back to original configuration, you only need to visit "History" in the app and view and then restore all the original coding and/or adaptation settings back to factory original.
I guess it's just a matter of trying to figure out the right module and coding for this car then. Good to know.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Joshua (wishbone)
I guess it's just a matter of trying to figure out the right module and coding for this car then. Good to know.
^ Right. Many times a desired change involves only one control module and one setting to alter. Other times, such as activating ALA on a suitably equipped vehicle, the desired change involves accessing multiple control modules and several settings to carry out the change. Obviously the included 1-click apps in the OBDeleven app are super easy to use. For more involved/complex changes, well that's where forums like this one come in handy for coding & adaptation information shared by experienced "trailblazing" forum members.

The next change on my Q5 will be to increase the temperature of the heated steering wheel. The factory setting (temperature limit) on the '18 Q5 is 34 deg. C. (93 deg. F.), which I've decided is not quite warm enough. I'm planning to change the setting to 36 C. in module 16 (Steering Column Electronics).

/R

Last edited by rbreeze; 11-14-2017 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Unit ordered. Now I just have to find an inexpensive yet decent small tablet, recent used preferably. I know nothing outside the Apple world, and looking at the sea of models/manufacturers, I’m beginning to realize why. Not a fan boy at all, just assimilated to the iPhone after my BBerry died long ago.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jester7677
Unit ordered. Now I just have to find an inexpensive yet decent small tablet, recent used preferably. I know nothing outside the Apple world, and looking at the sea of models/manufacturers, I’m beginning to realize why. Not a fan boy at all, just assimilated to the iPhone after my BBerry died long ago.
Any fairly recent Android tablet or smartphone in good shape will do. Just ensure the tablet or phone is both WiFi and Bluetooth capable and has Android version 4.1 (or higher) on board. As info.. I have owned/used Samsung Galaxy smartphones exclusively and they've all worked very well for me. My current phone is a Galaxy S6, which is what I'm using with the OBDeleven.

Last edited by rbreeze; 11-16-2017 at 04:31 AM.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yesterday I successfully "deactivated" Auto Start-Stop on my Q5.. ..using the instruction borrowed from the B9-A4 and MKII-Q7 forums. I also successfully increased (slightly) the temperature of my heated steering wheel. I find the temperature to be perfect now. The factory temperature setting for the heated steering wheel is (was) 34 deg. C. (93.2 deg. F.), which I decided wasn't quite warm enough. The new setting is 36 deg. C. (96.8 deg. F.).
Edit: Both items above added to the list of changes in post #3.

Last edited by rbreeze; 11-22-2017 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Added ref. to items being added to list in post #3
The following users liked this post:
txl146 (11-19-2019)
Old 11-16-2017, 05:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yesterday I successfully "deactivated" Auto Start-Stop on my Q5.. ..using the instruction borrowed from the B9-A4 and MKII-Q7 forums. I also successfully increased (slightly) the temperature of my heated steering wheel. I find the temperature to be perfect now. The factory temperature setting for the heated steering wheel is (was) 34 deg. C. (93.2 deg. F.), which I decided wasn't quite warm enough. The new setting is 36 deg. C. (96.8 deg. F.).
That's great news on the Start-Stop. I'd be willing to pay the price for the tool, just to kill that "feature". Drives me nuts on the occasions I forget to press the button at startup.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

How does the Start/Stop now work. Not at all? Off by default unless you press the button? Remembers last button setting?

Good news BTW, thanks!
Old 11-16-2017, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jester7677
How does the Start/Stop now work? Not at all? Off by default unless you press the button? Remembers last button setting?

Good news BTW, thanks!
^ The auto start-stop doesn't operate at all now. The control system is fooled into thinking there's a high demand coming from the Climate Control system, therefore auto engine shutdown is disallowed. A small white auto start-stop symbol with a line through it sometimes displays on the VC display at times when the control system would like to otherwise proceed with an auto engine shutdown, but auto stop never executes because of the climate control system "overriding" it.

Last edited by rbreeze; 11-16-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

My app says "code is not valid" when I put in the Pro code I just bought last week. No "contact us" on their website and the in-app chat session goes unanswered. WTF.

Quick Reply: OBDeleven - what MKII SQ5/Q5 changes have you made?